Relocating To Sheffield - Area Recommendations

21 hours ago, Miniladyuk said:

Sorry to butt in..but I'm in a similar position...

Any thoughts on Woodseats?..some quite nice looking houses with parking but I don't know the area.

Thanks

Woodseats is a good area, the main issue can be traffic, getting to and from there. Plenty of shops and facilities.  Graves Park is lovely too. You can walk to town fairly easily in around 1 hour although you might have a bit of a climb if you walk back. 

Nether Edge is lovely - I saw a comment saying near Abbeydale Road is bad area but there are loads of nice shops and bars (when they can reopen!)

Meersbrook I really like too, close enough to town to walk into. 

Not sure about schools in these areas though!

Good luck on your hunt - I found the same that both buying and rental markets have gone a bit bonkers in Sheffield atm!

2 hours ago, SFBeca said:

Nether Edge is lovely - I saw a comment saying near Abbeydale Road is bad area but there are loads of nice shops and bars (when they can reopen!)

yes loads of nice shops and bars. But also loads of anti-social behaviour for residents. I know a few people who have had major hassles living there over the years.

Shhh don’t tell anybody ....we don’t want riffraff. Lol

1 hour ago, alarmingmark said:

Shhh don’t tell anybody ....we don’t want riffraff. Lol

Keep away from handsworth traffic terrible woodthorpe 2 mins away try walkley 

Thanks all. I have now explored quite a few areas but the houses are selling instantly. One house was sold £40k over asking price! 

Any views on Norton Lees and Handsworth?

I have seen a few houses for sale around these areas but not had a chance to visit yet. 

The part of Handsworth I know is a mix of older houses (terraces that are many decades old) and some new builds - Barratt did a big estate across from the ASDA. Most of those new builds wouldn't reach £300,000... more like £200,000 for the majority - 4 bedroom properties with garage. At the right time of day you can be in the city in 10 minutes, at the wrong time of day... 45 minutes. There's also Waverley, which is strictly Rotherham, but many house builders operate[d] down there... and it's basically the same travel situation into Sheffield. Both are worth checking-out unless the idea of new build puts you off.

16 hours ago, Luna01 said:

Thanks all. I have now explored quite a few areas but the houses are selling instantly. One house was sold £40k over asking price! 

Any views on Norton Lees and Handsworth?

I have seen a few houses for sale around these areas but not had a chance to visit yet. 

I have some distant relatives in Handsworth and they have never complained of any issues. Other than that I don't know much about it.

Seems a lot cheaper than other areas you have mentioned - might be a shrewd investment? As more and more get priced out of the usual areas people go for other areas will increase in price a lot over the next years as buyers are forced to look elsewhere for affordable property.

• Handsworth is nightmare with traffic since new builds. Its  a no go area between 7.30 to 8.30.   and 4.30 till 6 oclock . Needs some new roads from parkway to woodhouse mill okay for buses and super markets you cant walk to town to far try nether edge 

Really useful, thank you! I think that will be a miss for me as I will be driving a fair amount and don't want to be stuck in traffic during peak hours. 

I will check out for properties in Nether Edge and other recommended areas. 

I’m being very indecisive....now I’m looking at oughtibridge...I’m newly retired (early lol) and would like something a bit village like..with nice atmosphere and decent shops...good place?