Chris Wilders Tactics And Formations

Well, here is a telling question. 

Now Chris Wilder has left the blades, if and when he gets another managerial job (which he surely will be offered) will he use the same formation he used at The lane??

Could we see Celtic using attacking centre backs?? 

DISCUSS

Why not, why can’t a central  defender come through the pitch with the ball? It’s been done before, it asks the opposition uncomfortable questions and  leads to player greater enjoyment.

Whoever comes in will have their own way of playing

On 17/03/2021 at 18:25, pintor said:

Whoever comes in will have their own way of playing

I think you may have miss read the post

I think we all have a tendency to think simplistically, and stick labels on teams and managers.  David Moyes, for example, was meant to be boring and defensive  - but look at West Ham now. 

The question rarmin4 posed about CW was whether he'd use the same style of play with his next managerial post. 

Although we can all say "Lets wait and see", I don't think he will.  Did he employ this tactic with his previous managerial posts?  Not to my knowledge.  As I understand it, it was Alan Knill who came up with the tactic, after studying the skills of the players at their disposal.  As I write this, AK is still with the Blades.