Sheffield Forum Portrait Artist Of The Year

For those who couldn't get down, here's a few of my faves.

The sun wasn't kind. Very bright over the top of the display board. Lot of glare.

Ci3QcqZ.jpg

Tyv8DIU.jpg

q1i4q1v.jpg

5Bqo4JW.jpg

iV7Ry1r.jpg

ooB2GQ7.jpg

I dunno who won it, but the Hawley & Jess ones are the best in this non-artist's opinion.

We had a great event on Wednesday at Cutlers Hall, congratulations to Abby Charlesworth, who won with her portrait of John Burkhill! 1555224233_unnamed(3).thumb.jpg.cdade7f683467e9ad8aab0d8a8a6ea7d.jpg

639211648_unnamed(6).thumb.jpg.68b7237998a09d97c8b029b79baf7588.jpg

Here is the guest judge Conor Rogers, with Abby and Tony Foulds. 

1142294245_unnamed(7).jpg.52f8280210a09289df69cfa2af5e87ce.jpg

And Tony and Abby with the winning portrait! 

Abby will now create a portrait of Tony which will be on display at Cutlers Hall! 

Thank you to all involved, there was some amazing talent on display!

On 15/09/2021 at 13:33, Mr Bloke said:

Is the mosaic one of Mr Foulds an entry or just a promotional poster?

That's the promotional poster, I'll let the designer know though he will be happy! ☺️

Just going to lob it out there...wonder if she still would have won if it wasn't of John Birkhill? 🤔

They are amazing portraits Wearysmith. I couldn't get down to see them so thankyou for putting some on line.  

Edited by Anna B

On 17/09/2021 at 14:23, HeHasRisen said:

Just going to lob it out there...wonder if she still would have won if it wasn't of John Birkhill? 🤔

I see there is another portrait of John Birkhill on display. I imagine there were quite a few of him in competition, but IMO the detail in Abby's drawing is exceptional.

21 hours ago, Anna B said:

They are amazing portraits Wearysmith. I couldn't get down to see them so thankyou for putting some on line.  

My pleasure. Wish I could have taken more, but like I said earlier, at the time I visited the position of the sun was making shots difficult. Marvellous effort by all concerned I reckon.

Just wanted to share the commission of Tony Foulds that the winner of the portrait competition, Abby Charlesworth, has finished - will be on display at Cutlers Hall shortly!

FR77PC4XMAAH2uH.thumb.jpg.92ec0546bc0a1311ab5d656e5a3dfdbb.jpg

1.thumb.jpg.3cfdbe49eaa1a33db0c3cb667d7140eb.jpg

The portrait has been handed over to Cutlers Hall today, and will be on display in their entrance hall.