Sheffield Forum Portrait Artist Of The Year

Created our first YouTube video - still plenty of time to enter & get your portraits to us! ☺️

Calling all artists - we are extending the entry date to FRIDAY 2ND JULY - gives you all more time to sit out in the sun painting your portraits! 

As a reminder - you can create a portrait of yourself or a famous Sheffielder, any medium you want it in and once complete, drop it off at (or post to) our office: Sheffield Forum, Speedwell Works, 73 Sidney St, Sheffield S1 4RG

The winner will receive £250 in art supplies and will then create a portrait of Tony Foulds which will be displayed at Cutlers Hall!

We are also arranging a launch party in July - watch this space for details

Great news! Am looking forward to bringing in my painting. What are the office's opening hours? Also, is it ok to enter more than one piece of artwork?

Hi @Jinxta excellent news - anytime between 9am-5pm Monday to Friday :) and you can enter more than one absolutely! can't wait to see!

Hi all, have another update here - in light of the ongoing restrictions we've unfortunately had to postpone our exhibition of your wonderful artwork at the Winter Gardens - as soon as I have an update of when we are allowed to go ahead I will let you all know! 

In the meantime, this means we have extended the competition entry date to Friday 30th July, so plenty more time to get creative!

Hmmm... :huh:

We apologise for the technical difficulties... in the meantime... here's some music! ;)
(Yep - Of course it's a repeat - what were you expecting?)

Received an absolutely brilliant entry today! Every entry has been amazing! 

Just as a reminder - our exhibition is currently postponed in light of restrictions, hopefully we can rearrange this ASAP and get your art shown at the Winter Gardens. 

The new deadline for entries is Friday 30th July!

197739621_10157693890371207_7012162753686215095_n.jpg

199550096_10157693890376207_1751811027122645439_n.jpg

200864317_10157693890366207_8847190329239631698_n.jpg

UPDATE 28TH JULY:

- Entries will be displayed at the Winter Gardens in Sheffield City Centre from Sunday 5th September to Wednesday 15th September

- The winner will be announced on Wednesday 15th September

- The winner will paint a portrait of Tony Foulds (of Mi Amigo fame) which will be displayed in a prominent location in the amazing Cutlers Hall in Sheffield

UPDATE:

The winner will be announced Wednesday 15th September at an event held at Cutlers Hall 6pm-8pm. 

So thrilled to announce Conor Rogers, an award winning artist from Sheffield, is the guest judge. 

He is currently exhibiting at Yorkshire Artspace and Site Gallery!

https://conorrogers.co.uk/

If you would like to attend the event, please let me know so I can keep track of numbers. 

Hi all - the portraits are up at the Winter Gardens! Come visit anytime until 15th September ☺️

2 hours ago, SFBeca said:

Hi all - the portraits are up at the Winter Gardens! Come visit anytime until 15th September ☺️

Thanks for the head's up. Plans being made.

Hmmm... :huh:

I've not been able to get down town to see all the portraits but I've just seen them on Twitter.

What a load of... talent! :clap:

Is the mosaic one of Mr Foulds an entry or just a promotional poster?

https://twitter.com/steelcitysnaps/status/1434946387746164738/photo/4

It's definitely my favourite and I think its brilliant! :thumbsup: