Sheffield Forum Portrait Artist Of The Year

We are very excited to announce... Sheffield Forum Portrait Artist of the Year! 

UPDATE 8th AUGUST:

- In any medium, create a portrait of a famous Sheffielder (or yourself, whichever you prefer!)

- There will be two groups for entries, under 16s and over 16s 

- Send your completed portrait by Friday 30th July to us at the address below 

- Entries will then be displayed at the Winter Gardens in Sheffield City Centre from Sunday 5th September to Wednesday 15th September

- The winner will be announced on Wednesday 15th September at an event at Cutlers Hall 6pm-8pm 

- Conor Rogers, an award winning artist from Sheffield, will be the guest judge

- The winner will paint a portrait of Tony Foulds (of Mi Amigo fame) which will be displayed in a prominent location in the amazing Cutlers Hall in Sheffield

- The winner will also receive a gift voucher from Fred Aldous for wonderful art supplies!

- WanDisco are also sponsoring a prize!

We can't wait to see your entries! 

T&Cs

- Portraits can be on any medium you choose, but if you wish for them to be displayed in the Winter Gardens, we need a physical copy 

- Address to post entries to be received by Friday 30th July: Sheffield Forum, Speedwell Works, 73 Sidney St, Sheffield S1 4RG

twitter-img.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone! :wave:

Well I realise that my latest bit of animated nonsense is probably not the sort of thing that we're looking for here but...

... I thought I'd share it here anyway to hopefully give a few of us a bit of a giggle while we're waiting for the paint to dry on the serious stuff! :)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UX5bWpT7c2s" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Oops... I think I was trying to be a bit too clever there - that link didn't seem to work :confused:

Try this link for now... :)

Edited by Mr Bloke

Hello again everyone! :wave:

First, thanks to all of you who've already had a look at my first attempt - despite me getting into a bit of a muddle with trying to post the link. :blush:

As the forum has just gone through a bit of rebranding, and as my video was intended to be used as a bit of promotion for the forum and its art competition, I thought it was probably a good idea to also give the video a bit of a makeover to reflect the new forum logo and colour scheme.

Please don't waste your time watching the new version if you've already seen the first one - I've only changed the banners...

... but I just couldn't leave it the way it was! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOgE17-NgZk