Wilder Leaves The Blades.

13 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

Joint highest scorer last season and joint highest assists despite being out injured, something not right about him since.

That’s the problem with him . He’s clearly talented, but injury prone, bone idle and has questionable driving skills .

14 minutes ago, Kelvin Phlats said:

Not 100% sure at the moment but there's one or two under suspicion. We've certainly had a few recently though and if we finish up signing a recent employee of United we may have one worse than him.😀

Ravel Morrison?

Proper waste of talent he is . 3 goals in 7 seasons 

8 minutes ago, atticus said:

Ravel Morrison?

Proper waste of talent he is . 3 goals in 7 seasons 

He only played in one game for United.

When did he score 3 goals in 7 seasons?.

Ah' I see what you mean, for all clubs it's 8 seasons actually.

Edited by Alextopman

Seems he isn't "one of our own" as much as some fans thought.

Just now, Brooker11 said:

Seems he isn't "one of our own" as much as some fans thought.

Bang on the money Brooker11...

Some fans are so delusional if he wasn't a Sheffield lad they would have wanted him gone ages ago for me I have always found him to be arrogant to say the least.....

CW was one of those manager's who truly thought he was bigger than the club and he is not and never will be....

I hope now certain fans will see him for what he is !!!!....

Amazing. 

After years of great results and getting Untied to the top 10 in the Premier League, we have a bad season (caused by a very small squad playing twice a week due to Covid, no new additions to the squad and a whole host of injuries), and look like getting relegated.

The Manager goes after many weeks of uncertainly, and having clearly received no backing in how to take the team forward next season, after a season of no funds being made available to him and operating with a smaller budget than probably other manager in the league.

Now we get the Prince making claims against Chris Wilder, and suddenly a number of posters believe his side of the story.

The truth will come out eventually, and we'll never know if we'd have stayed up if the Prince had made the funds available to buy the players Wilder wanted to bring in that went to other clubs later (and for more money than we could have got them for).

13 minutes ago, Thirsty Relic said:

Amazing. 

After years of great results and getting Untied to the top 10 in the Premier League, we have a bad season (caused by a very small squad playing twice a week due to Covid, no new additions to the squad and a whole host of injuries), and look like getting relegated.

The Manager goes after many weeks of uncertainly, and having clearly received no backing in how to take the team forward next season, after a season of no funds being made available to him and operating with a smaller budget than probably other manager in the league.

Now we get the Prince making claims against Chris Wilder, and suddenly a number of posters believe his side of the story.

The truth will come out eventually, and we'll never know if we'd have stayed up if the Prince had made the funds available to buy the players Wilder wanted to bring in that went to other clubs later (and for more money than we could have got them for).

First thing, I am a blade of 50 years so dont say I am delusional, i am realistic.

Chris has taken us as far as he could, people and teams have got wise to our style and players. 

Monies was made available but unwisely spent, Brewster may be an investment but very ineffective at this  time and level.

Chris lost the respect of Many players and by the looks  the chairman. 

The fact he will not reply to the Accusations is more than a little damming, dont you think??

Tactics at some points were alarming and the only reason we did so well last season was the fact players played above there station. 

I admire  Sir Chris and thank him for what he did but, hey, lets move on..... 

Loved what he did but have to agree with the poster above. Got tired of the endless mentions of his links with the club. We get it .... but it's not HIS club, its OURS.

He bought some great players in to get us out of league one, and they are still the majority of the current side.

They pretty much peaked in our first year in the PL and there was little or nothing there to back them up.

CW was stubborn .... play to one system that got heartily found out and we had no plan B.

Anyone else would have been sacked months ago.

That side haven't been a settled ship for well over a year - leicester away last season where he panned the players after a loss was the start of it for me. He threw them under the bus that day. 

Maybe a bit of humility and acceptance that he was part of the problem, then some reflection on how he was coming across to the media and public might have helped.

OUR success wasnt just down to him - the whole set up got us to the PL.

Love what THEY ALL did for us but his time was up I'm afraid.

WE move on, and so will he.

They say there are two sides to every story and yet some fans swallow one version hook, line and sinker.

CW achieved unimaginable success for this Club in his time here. It's a combination of factors which have led to our present parlous state, a few of which were erroneous decisions by Chris, but then again which person hasn't made mistakes in their lives?

For whatever reason he wasn't able to recruit the players that were his first choice and it has cost the Club dearly.

I don't think he has replied to the published  'accusations' because he doesn't want to get into a slanging match with SUFC.

We will move on, but in what direction, only time will tell. I can't see us recruiting another manager with the same commitment or success that Chris Wilder brought.

Echo.

Edited by echo beach

14 hours ago, Thirsty Relic said:

Amazing. 

The other teams in the Prem have played under the same conditions, he's had more to spend than  most but has wasted it on mediocrity, Sean Dyche has shown how to manage in the Prem with lesser rescources, its not an excuse for such a deadful season.

21 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

The other teams in the Prem have played under the same conditions, he's had more to spend than  most but has wasted it on mediocrity, Sean Dyche has shown how to manage in the Prem with lesser rescources, its not an excuse for such a deadful season.

The only team I can think of who have had as many injuries as us this season, particularly in defence, is Liverpool.  Even with their huge squad and buying power, and bringing in many new defenders (that we didn't), they have gone from run-away Champions to not even being in the top 6.  No surprise that we are where we are.

3 minutes ago, Thirsty Relic said:

The only team I can think of who have had as many injuries as us this season, particularly in defence, is Liverpool.  Even with their huge squad and buying power, and bringing in many new defenders (that we didn't), they have gone from run-away Champions to not even being in the top 6.  No surprise that we are where we are.

You've a £23m striker who couldn't get a game, you can't be that short on players.