Wilder Leaves The Blades.

Just now, Brooker11 said:

You've a £23m striker who couldn't get a game, you can't be that short on players.

Are you suggesting that we played him in defence, as that was where we were short, or just keep playing him when he clearly wasn't producing on the pitch or in training?

6 hours ago, barnie41 said:

Loved what he did but have to agree with the poster above. Got tired of the endless mentions of his links with the club. We get it .... but it's not HIS club, its OURS.

He bought some great players in to get us out of league one, and they are still the majority of the current side.

They pretty much peaked in our first year in the PL and there was little or nothing there to back them up.

CW was stubborn .... play to one system that got heartily found out and we had no plan B.

Anyone else would have been sacked months ago.

That side haven't been a settled ship for well over a year - leicester away last season where he panned the players after a loss was the start of it for me. He threw them under the bus that day. 

Maybe a bit of humility and acceptance that he was part of the problem, then some reflection on how he was coming across to the media and public might have helped.

OUR success wasnt just down to him - the whole set up got us to the PL.

Love what THEY ALL did for us but his time was up I'm afraid.

WE move on, and so will he.

Fantastic post

"barnie41"....

And your right it's our club not his....

Long live Sheffield United !!!!..

Liverpool finished last season with 99 points. The difference in their final points tally this season to last season could be greater than ours.

It could be argued that Klopp has far more under achieved this season than Chris Wilder. 

1 hour ago, Thirsty Relic said:

Are you suggesting that we played him in defence, as that was where we were short, or just keep playing him when he clearly wasn't producing on the pitch or in training?

Conceding goals hasn't been your problem, scoring them has, he's wasted what money he was given on making the side worse. The money wasted on Berge, Mousset, Brewster and McBurnie could have strengthened the backline if thats where you were short on players.

18 hours ago, Thirsty Relic said:

I'm not taking sides here as there are always two sides to the story but the money was wasted up front. Yes you had defensive injuries but apart from Leicester recently you've only been loosing by the odd goal so the defence can't really be blamed for your poor season, it's your attackers but only the club truly knows who decided who to sign. When you spend all that money on attacking players and only really Berge was a moderate success your in trouble.

I still believe Wilder would of given you a great chance of coming back up, we'll never know now and you just have to hope the gamble of having to appoint a new manager pays off.

19 hours ago, Box11 said:

Fantastic post

"barnie41"....

And your right it's our club not his....

Long live Sheffield United !!!!..

Cheers .... I thankyou âš”

Wilders 4 big signings in my opinion:

Brewster :  Young lad who has been given plenty of chances but has shown next  to nothing so far.Jurys out on him, could be anything.

Ramsdale:  Looked awful for a lot of the season but has turned it around in the last couple of months .Obviously not been helped by a defence depleted in numbers thats had to be changed virtually every game.

Berge:  Class player who's took a while to settle in .Probably too good for this team. Destined for a big future in the game and if it wasn't for his injury the Blades would have made a big profit on him when he's sold this summer (probably)

Mc Burnie ;  Championship class at best, lets hope Swansea get promoted and buy him back off us

I think we'll struggle to get anyone to buy McBurnie & Berge for large fees. Neither have shone like diamonds when we've been on telly. Hardly shown their best side. We could be stuck with them for the foreseeable, or lose a lot of money in any deal.

2 hours ago, wearysmith said:

I think we'll struggle to get anyone to buy McBurnie & Berge for large fees. Neither have shone like diamonds when we've been on telly. Hardly shown their best side. We could be stuck with them for the foreseeable, or lose a lot of money in any deal.

I'd love us to keep them both Berg is class and McBurnie will tear the Championships defences apart.

Edited by Alextopman

On 12/03/2021 at 10:52, Vasquez Rich said:

If true... a BIG mistake.....

... new guy, squad decimated, tough year next year.... we all know how it goes, they were mad to sack Warnock last time this happened.

Warnock resigned................

We have a terrible squad off players no where near good enough at any level,

simply that’s why we are rock bottom getting relegated,as for wilder he’s the one to blame ,And now because we are bottom with no hope  he’s bailed out ,he’s not one off our own at all ,and as for loyalty that’s gone out off window  now got a good hand shake from us only to walk in to a excellent paid job elsewhere not bad for screwing up big style

2 hours ago, jacklev1 said:

We have a terrible squad off players no where near good enough at any level,

simply that’s why we are rock bottom getting relegated,as for wilder he’s the one to blame ,And now because we are bottom with no hope  he’s bailed out ,he’s not one off our own at all ,and as for loyalty that’s gone out off window  now got a good hand shake from us only to walk in to a excellent paid job elsewhere not bad for screwing up big style

It might be a terrible squad for the premiership but should do ok In the championship. No one knows for sure who decided on players but I'd of thought he'd of stuck it out until the end of the season then evaluate it.