Wilder Leaves The Blades.

Gone by mutual consent.

I for one am not happy about this.

Just now, Alextopman said:

Edited by Alextopman

Just caught back end on radio Sheffield. He was saying it's not official yet. Can't believe it if it's true, could this be the first big mistake the new owner has made.

If true... a BIG mistake.....

... new guy, squad decimated, tough year next year.... we all know how it goes, they were mad to sack Warnock last time this happened.

I think he's lost the dressing room and the owners don't trust him with spending big, something has to be deeply wrong to have such an unprecedented bad season as this one.

7 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

I think he's lost the dressing room and the owners don't trust him with spending big, something has to be deeply wrong to have such an unprecedented bad season as this one.

Agree... I can imagine such as this...

"but we got you McBurnie and Brewster...."

"yeah, but I wanted Maupay and Watkins!"

9 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

If it had been an ordinary season I'd have to agree but alot of variables this season like packed fixtures and no fans. I said a while back this owner has only had the good times since taking over, now the fans will see what he's like without the stability Wilder brought to the club. There seems to of been a big breakdown in the relationship between the board and Wilder that's for sure.

Edited by NERVY-OWL

No players were brought in in the January window (even loans) when our already small squad was decimated by injuries.  No chance to turn things round as we were playing twice a week against bigger squads that could rotate players and cover injuries better.  Clearly, the owners had already decided to plan for relegation and a new manager, and not try to scrap to try and survive.  Chris couldn't just sit and take it anymore!

1 minute ago, Thirsty Relic said:

No players were brought in in the January window (even loans) when our already small squad was decimated by injuries.  No chance to turn things round as we were playing twice a week against bigger squads that could rotate players and cover injuries better.  Clearly, the owners had already decided to plan for relegation and a new manager, and not try to scrap to try and survive.  Chris couldn't just sit and take it anymore!

Certainly seems like it looking in from the outside. All the fans wanting him gone look like they have what they wanted but we'll see soon enough if it was more down to goings on higher up than the team management.

I still think it's a big mistake letting him go.

32 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

Gone by mutual consent.

I for one am not happy about this.

This is what happens when 'someone' controls a football club, not all decisions the owner makes will be agreeable to the paying supporters or right in the long term for the club, I think they have made a big mistake letting Wilder go, he may well personally go on to manage a bigger and better club, but as a Wednesday fan who has seen dem Blades having a laugh at our expense this last couple of years, I will have a little chuckle to myself if this decision backfires when thinking of those :wink:

1 minute ago, Michael_W said:

This is what happens when 'someone' controls a football club, not all decisions the owner makes will be agreeable to the paying supporters or right in the long term for the club, I think they have made a big mistake letting Wilder go, he may well personally go on to manage a bigger and better club, but as a Wednesday fan who has seen dem Blades having a laugh at our expense this last couple of years, I will have a little chuckle to myself if this decision backfires when thinking of those :wink:

If this decision backfires it will  only the fans that suffer, the potless Prince will be quids in.

You're entitled to your little chuckle  after all the laughing we do at your club.