Does Anybody Know Any Agents That Accept Pets In Sheffield,

🤔  I need to move to Sheffield from Barnsley ,I got 375 rent and 400 bond deposit.not lots of stairs as I'm have use walking stick.i got a quiet cat very well behaved and toilet trained house cat,I'm tidy tenant been with pinto solutions over three years,they would be my reference they said.

Edited by Pets allowed

It's not really Letting Agents that cause the 'pets' problem.

Instead, it's:

a. leasehold covenants on most flats which often preclude a sub-letting leaseholder from allowing the sub-tenant's pets; and

b. mortgagees (lenders) whose mortgage conditions might also preclude pets.

So you'd be best seeking to take a sub-letting of a freehold house (= no leasehold covenants) that's unmortgaged.

I'm only on universal credit,but thanks for reply.only wanting 1bedroom flat  .

Most social Housing providers such as the Council and local Housing Associations have a "No Pets" Policy, I'm in a SYHA Flat and a few years back one of my neighbours got evicted for having 2 dogs, 2 cats, and a Budgie.

thats what like about pinto solutions agent and landlord cause they allowed me to get a house cat for company.

SYHA allow pets in some properties and not others, the criteria seems to be based on whether the property has it's own front door; so 1 bed flats in a block with a shared main entrance would not have pets, whereas a 1 bed flat not in a block with an individual front door would allow a pet.

Edited by onewheeldave

I love my two bedroom flat were am but need to be close to my family . agent hasn't any property in Sheffield at moment.

On 12/03/2021 at 10:56, onewheeldave said:

SYHA allow pets in some properties and not others, the criteria seems to be based on whether the property has it's own front door; so 1 bed flats in a block with a shared main entrance would not have pets, whereas a 1 bed flat not in a block with an individual front door would allow a pet.

I still can't find anywhere even 1 bedroom flats to rent 

On 28/03/2021 at 05:58, Ghozer said:

New rules came into effect in January this year mean that Land Lords cannot automatically ban/disallow pets

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new-standard-tenancy-agreement-to-help-renters-with-well-behaved-pets

No. These are simply a precedent form of Letting Agreement.

They are not enforceable- nor can they override pre-existing obligations (e.g. covenants enforceable by the landlord [lessor] in the long lease of a flat, or obligations enforceable by the mortgagee [lender] under mortgage conditions).

Likewise, an Agent cannot / should not have a blanket ban policy on pets either. While they may think it's easier to "just say no" they act on behalf of the Landlords and it could easily be the case that a Landlord is fine with pets... even encourages them... so the instructions from all of the Landlords they work for could never be the same - so they should always, ideally, take the request to the Landlord for consideration... in practice whether that happens is another thing entirely.

Through my years of letting property I have found that Tenants with pets often stay longer than those without. This is something that I encourage. It's been years since I was happy with Tenant changeover periods being short. The average length of tenancy in England is still (I believe) around 18 months... for a Landlord that means every 18 months you're hit with effort and cost... which (as we are all lazy) I'm sure we'd like to avoid. If a pet influences a Tenant to stay on, and there are no other issues, then I'm enlightened and I'm all for pets.