What Type Of Houses Were On The Old Talbot Road Woodhouse

Does anyone know what type of houses stood on Tilford Road (Formerly Talbot Road) in Woodhouse before they were demolished in the 1960's?

Also where was Buck Croft in Woodhouse?

My ancestors moved up from Staffordshire in the late 1880's to Buck Croft and later moved into Talbot Road which I believe is now Tilford Road.

I would love to know how the road developed.

Help Appreciated     PopT

21 minutes ago, PopT said:

Does anyone know what type of houses stood on Tilford Road (Formerly Talbot Road) in Woodhouse before they were demolished in the 1960's?

Also where was Buck Croft in Woodhouse?

My ancestors moved up from Staffordshire in the late 1880's to Buck Croft and later moved into Talbot Road which I believe is now Tilford Road.

I would love to know how the road developed.

Help Appreciated     PopT

There were some Court houses on Talbot.

post-188-1220786585.jpg

They look like terraced houses in 1956, probably similar to the existing ones on the other side of the road.

hi pop, are you ready? to the best of my memory the houses were terraced back to backs. the name tilford i am not sure where this came from, ata guess it would have arrived when sheffield did a land grab, maybe 1930s.talbot road was named for the talbot family, earl of shrewsbury who owned vast amounts of land in the area. remember mary, queen of scots being held at sheffield? the manor park belonging them was massive and the outer edge reached handsworth. going further back there was a cottage that housed the esate deer keeper, hence buck croft 

On 21/03/2021 at 21:05, Boginspro said:

Picture Sheffield has  "Talbot Cottages on Tilford Road" here, details on the link      ----------------             https://picturesheffield.com/frontend.php?keywords=Ref_No_increment;EQUALS;s30918&pos=1&action=zoom&id=103094

s30918.jpg

Those houses are still there.

Hi PopT, 

A little late to the party, but my great grandma and grandad Emma and Charles Smart moved up from Staffordshire and lived in those back to backs at the turn of the last century. My grandma was Emily Smart/White. Are we related by any chance??? X 

Gill