Sign in to follow this  

Videos On Mobile Phone Playing Too Small?

https://iili.io/qqC3l4.png

When I play a downloaded mp4 short video the player on my  Samsung phone plays it so small it is only  about 1" big in the centre of my screen?

I check the res of the vid and it was 1280x720? 

It is really annoying.

Edited by Electerrific

You do know you can "zoom in" on the video using your fingers right? Just use your fingers to make the video bigger on your phone screen?

46 minutes ago, MrAllen2K21 said:

You do know you can "zoom in" on the video using your fingers right? Just use your fingers to make the video bigger on your phone screen?

I thought that too.

Also, if you tap the playing video, does the size/audio options pop up? Just try 'fill screen' or have a play to see the best option for the video.

Thanks, guys.

Yes, pinch/zoom seems a faff each time. Plus, no options come up, nor in settings?

23 minutes ago, Electerrific said:

Thanks, guys.

Yes, pinch/zoom seems a faff each time. Plus, no options come up, nor in settings?

The settings may be app dependant, not in the phone settings. Have you tried other players such as VLC? (or whatever's on offer with good reviews)

EDIT: just looked at the image. The actual video picture isn't the ratio you mention, the video could have been made with the black surround included. The player just thinks it's part of the video. You could try running it through something like Handbrake and crop the black. It will probably still show some black as it looks like a 4:3 video, not a 16:9 or :10 ratio.

Edited by zach

Are you sure there aren't black bars either at the side or top/bottom in the video? How does it play on a PC?