Piers Morgan 'Storms Off' Gmb Amid Criticism By Colleague

I think Piers Morgan has gotten way too big for his boots. 

Rather than his guests and what they're saying being the focal point, whether it's politicians or whoever, it always seems to be about Morgan's reaction that's the focus of attention. Yes he's good at holding politicians to account, but sometimes I get sick and tired of his bragging and the big I am.

2 minutes ago, Kelvin Phlats said:

It's a big con, news outlets are so under pressure from social media they have to keep doing something "off the wall". It's all staged, this is when the "news programme" became the "news".

Gone are the days when they just put a newsreader up because the news is already out there and nobody would watch it. Thats why they put up with people like Morgan, Rigby, Burley, Kuenssberg, Maitliss, Newman. These people wouldn't have been so rude years ago but now they have to be. It's all about the figures. 

I think there is something in what you're saying, particularly about the news programme itself becoming the news. However I wouldn't lump Newman, Maitliss or Kuenssberg in with Morgan's style of interviewing. Morgan is more like Jeremy Paxman with the aggression ramped up, but without Paxman's forensic style.

It's all fake, controvesy makes headlines, headlines make money, no one tunes in to watch the weather man or Susanna, thye tune in to see and hear whatever Piers is sounding off on this week, so they can be outraged, or offended.

I like Piers Morgan.

He asks the questions of politicians that the rest of us want answering unlike the insipid pair on BBC Breakfast who let the politicians off so lightly it's embarrassing. 

On behalf of the Excluded UK I'd love to see Sunak grow a pair and go on the show with Piers but unfortunately we have a spineless Chancellor who'll avoid it at all costs.

Edited by abbeyedges

1 hour ago, HandsworthB said:

It's all fake, controvesy makes headlines, headlines make money, no one tunes in to watch the weather man or Susanna, thye tune in to see and hear whatever Piers is sounding off on this week, so they can be outraged, or offended.

I don't mind tuning in for Susanna

58 minutes ago, abbeyedges said:

I like Piers Morgan.

He asks the questions of politicians that the rest of us want answering unlike the insipid pair on BBC Breakfast who let the politicians off so lightly it's embarrassing. 

On behalf of the Excluded UK I'd love to see Sunak grow a pair and go on the show but unfortunately we have a spineless Chancellor who'll avoid it at all costs.

The pair on BBC are so insipid it's untrue.

He just trades on stuff like this, it's all a great act.

If people just ignored him he'd go away...like that silly Fox bloke.

1 hour ago, Ridgewalk said:

I don't mind tuning in for Susanna.

heh, I was gonna say that 😁

Morgan is now leaving Good Morning Britain.

Not sure if that means "as of tomorrow", but he's off.

30 minutes ago, Pyrotequila said:

Yeah, he's left, effective from today;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56334082

I think there will be some relieved Government Ministers glad to see the back of him!

He was effective at demolishing them, probably at a time when few journalists or opposition politicians will, so in that sense it will be a loss. But his egomania did rankle

4 hours ago, Ridgewalk said:

I don't mind tuning in for Susanna

International Women’s Day...

2 hours ago, The Joker said:

heh, I was gonna say that 😁

...made a huge impact, lol.