Sign in to follow this  

Uber Eats And Just Eat Drivers!

Above.

I've used both services once each to get deliveries from McDonald's on the High St, and both times the drivers have got lost trying to find my Flat in S3 due to the Satnav! :loopy:

After the first time, I rang Just Eat on their London based number (woe betide my phone bill!) and complained, they said the money would go back on my card within 5 working days, Que? It takes 2 clicks from them to issue a refund! Muppets.

Has anyone else had problems with these people?

7 minutes ago, MrAllen2K21 said:

Above.

I've used both services once each to get deliveries from McDonald's on the High St, and both times the drivers have got lost trying to find my Flat in S3 due to the Satnav! :loopy:

After the first time, I rang Just Eat on their London based number (woe betide my phone bill!) and complained, they said the money would go back on my card within 5 working days, Que? It takes 2 clicks from them to issue a refund! Muppets.

Has anyone else had problems with these people?

Constantly have issues with the drivers themselves. A lot seem to think that they're above the law, speeding, dangerous driving, driving on pavements, wrong way in one way systems, pedestrian zones.

Actually witnessed one turn right to go up High Street (from Commercial St) then immediately drive over the tram tracks and down the pavement outside Bankers Draft to get to Greggs. 

Both police and council seem uninterested when reported. 

As for your issue, I've had it too. Well established road, house built in the 60s & got the excuse that he couldn't find the address, even though putting my postcode into any sat nav drops the pin bang at the end of my drive. 
It's nothing to do with not being able to find the address and all to do with can't be bothered.

And yet I've ordered from Pizza Hut and Domino's on Crookes, to the same address, and they found me with no problem, even though I put a note on the order to ring me on the landline if the Satnav got them lost! :loopy:

Isn't the food cold when it gets to you, been on the back of some kids moped for an hour? I don't get the concept, most takeaways do their own deliveries anyway. It's just adding another person into the equation! Our local chip shop delivers within a 3 mile radius for free providing  you spend over £8. 

14 minutes ago, sedith said:

Isn't the food cold when it gets to you, been on the back of some kids moped for an hour? I don't get the concept, most takeaways do their own deliveries anyway. It's just adding another person into the equation! Our local chip shop delivers within a 3 mile radius for free providing  you spend over £8. 

Not usually cold, its rarely delivered by moped, at least not to me. 

There's also a much greater choice on Deliveroo  and Uber Eats than just the locals.

Yes, you pay for the privilege, but there ain't a lot else to spend it on right now!

The times when we have had food delivered by them, 9/10 times the driver calls us and asks us to come outside to collect the food as they are not allowed to come inside blocks of flats due to security... there are CCTV cameras outside the entrance, inside the entrance, in the foyer and in the lifts.

2 hours ago, sedith said:

they generally seem to have insulated bags to put the food in. 

Occasionally have takeaway when visiting son feels guilty about mum always cooking. Uber Eats email discount codes rarely work and drivers usually ring to claim can’t find address (no other delivery company seems to have a problem) Son, after detailed directions fail, ends up going down hill to collect cold food. Complain and told address difficult to find so no fault -mum back on cooking duty 

7 hours ago, catmiss said:

Occasionally have takeaway when visiting son feels guilty about mum always cooking. Uber Eats email discount codes rarely work and drivers usually ring to claim can’t find address (no other delivery company seems to have a problem) Son, after detailed directions fail, ends up going down hill to collect cold food. Complain and told address difficult to find so no fault -mum back on cooking duty 

Like I said in the OP, the drivers are too lazy to try and find somewhere that doesn't instantly come up on the Satnav! :rant: :loopy:

I've lived in this Flat just over 14 and half years and still have problems with some delivery drivers not being able to find it!

I can remember a time before Satellite Navigation was even invented and Taxi drivers etc knew where they were going! :loopy: