Sheffield Wednesday Fc V Norwich City Fc

I don't want to even think one micro second about Wednesday's current position. Think about it. We could have Chansiri in charge for 5, 10 or 15 years. Imagine that. He seems to have no intention of going anywhere, so if that's the case, just where will we end up?

Wednesday have done better against some of the bigger clubs so don't write them off here.

1 hour ago, Alextopman said:

Wednesday have done better against some of the bigger clubs so don't write them off here.

There aren’t any bigger clubs.

59 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

That's not true but here isn't the thread for that debate, feel free to start a thread on the subject and I'll gladly discuss it with you.

1 hour ago, Jim Hardie said:

Correct Jim,

Just had a look at all the Championship clubs, and the Owls in terms of achievements and support, historically are the biggest club.

Though you wouldn't think it.

1 hour ago, Padders said:

Correct Jim,

Just had a look at all the Championship clubs, and the Owls in terms of achievements and support, historically are the biggest club.

Though you wouldn't think it.

Nottingham forest but like I said this post isn't the place, there's loads of different permutations used to calculate this and usually the one that suits the fans club is favoured.

On 06/03/2021 at 19:09, Padders said:

You do realise a few weeks back I asked you to stop tipping a Wednesday win.

You very kindly (reluctantly) did as I asked, and sure enough the Owls started picking up points.

The last few weeks you have started it again, and look what's happening.

Please, Please Mr. B.  give us a chance to stay up..

SILENCE IS GOLDEN.

I feel your pain Padders. You're very polite I must say. 

12 hours ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

I don't want to even think one micro second about Wednesday's current position. Think about it. We could have Chansiri in charge for 5, 10 or 15 years. Imagine that. He seems to have no intention of going anywhere, so if that's the case, just where will we end up?

I saw a photo of one of your stands the other day had " CHANSIRI" written all the way across it. Doesn't smack of a man whose modesty will get in the way of a big ego. I think you're saddled with him.

theres nothing wrong with chansiri,he wants success,he wants the premiership,hes chucked millions at it,no one complained when we nearly got there,no one complained when he spent millions on players ,the grass and the big screens,hes a top business man,but its not a normal business,you cannot spend as much as you want can you?,you have to compete,but its not a level playing field,when other teams have parachute payments,yes hes made a lot of mistakes,but hes not a bad man.

3 hours ago, bassett one said:

theres nothing wrong with chansiri,he wants success,he wants the premiership,hes chucked millions at it,no one complained when we nearly got there,no one complained when he spent millions on players ,the grass and the big screens,hes a top business man,but its not a normal business,you cannot spend as much as you want can you?,you have to compete,but its not a level playing field,when other teams have parachute payments,yes hes made a lot of mistakes,but hes not a bad man.

He’s not a bad man but the way he’s run the club since his first couple of seasons proves he’s anything but a top businessman. 

he comes from a family of top business people,but sadly not football,the main problem if your companys not doing well,you can turn it round by spending money and sometimes it needs a bit more,but with football you cannot do that,you are up against teams that legally can spend loads more cash and i think what upsets him,he wants to compete and buy us out of this league,but the rules wont let him.its a unfair way of running a league.

2 minutes ago, bassett one said:

he comes from a family of top business people,but sadly not football,the main problem if your companys not doing well,you can turn it round by spending money and sometimes it needs a bit more,but with football you cannot do that,you are up against teams that legally can spend loads more cash and i think what upsets him,he wants to compete and buy us out of this league,but the rules wont let him.its a unfair way of running a league.

In that case he should hand control over to his family. The rules are the rules and he must work within them, something he seems incapable of.
Perhaps he should have read the rules before he bought the club and put his money elsewhere. At the end of the day, all he’s succeeded in is enriching a succession of second rate managers and players, resulting in what’s more than likely to be a third rate club.

Quite right Jim.

I've not studied Chansiri, but on the surface I dont get this 'top businessman' mantra.

He's not listed as anyone important in the family fish business, so he must make his 'billions' elsewhere. I'll have another look. As for SW, someone just said on Radio S that Chansiri is keeping the boat afloat. It was he that put the hole in the boat in the first place. We used to have players on very decent wages who, for a couple of seasons, did a very decent job, almost achieving (many peoples) 'promised land'.

That's not my ideal scenario by the way, the Champ will do for me. Even the Champ is a League we can barely afford. Our finances for seasons 19/20 and 20/21 could very easily kill us off.

As mentioned above, references to Chansiri should be removed from Hillsborough. The Owl badge should be displayed instead, and the Owl displayed on the shirts. We should play Hooper up front .... oops! I'm feeling queezy and drifting back in time ......

No, we're in a mess, there's no doubt, and as much as the players are to blame, most of them shouldn't really be at the club. We shouldn't be in a financial mire, and we should own our own stadium.

To me, a 'not so good' businessman has dropped us firmly in the brown stuff.