Sign in to follow this  

Programming Courses Local Or Online?

Above.

I'm currently enrolled on Zenva.com, Udemy and Pirple.com but are there any other good preferably free programming courses? I'm specifically looking for Python, or C# courses.

Can anyone help?

On 06/03/2021 at 13:39, MrAllen2K21 said:

Above.

I'm currently enrolled on Zenva.com, Udemy and Pirple.com but are there any other good preferably free programming courses? I'm specifically looking for Python, or C# courses.

Can anyone help?

Can't advise on specifics, but have a look at Coursera and EDX, both offer a multitude of online courses, generally from US universities, IBM, Microsoft etc.

79 options if I search C# on Coursera, 710 for Python.

Edited by Bargepole23

2 hours ago, Bargepole23 said:

Can't advise on specifics, but have a look at Coursera and EDX, both offer a multitude of online courses, generally from US universities, IBM, Microsoft etc.

79 options if I search C# on Coursera, 710 for Python.

I found Coursera UK on Google, 7 day free trial but I ain't paying £35 a month for a course I can't use till I get stuff like Visual Studio working to use code.

Thanks for the info anyway :)

You can see what you can get with a pluralsight free account? We have that through work.

As for your local environment, VS Code is what most people I know use, only Java/Kotlin types prefer IntelliJ.

Best of luck to the OP. Hope you find a source of information suited to your needs.

I'm curious; how do people feel paid for courses compare with YouTube tutorials?

Also, if there are specific gaps in your knowledge; maybe not best to but a full course; but seek other sources of information online, Forums, Facebook Groups, YouTube etc.

11 hours ago, Waldo said:

Best of luck to the OP. Hope you find a source of information suited to your needs.

I'm curious; how do people feel paid for courses compare with YouTube tutorials?

Also, if there are specific gaps in your knowledge; maybe not best to but a full course; but seek other sources of information online, Forums, Facebook Groups, YouTube etc.

Generally I'd say it's the overall presentation with the way courses are broken down, discussions etc is better on proper learning sites. I find YouTube invaluable for working on my car and other practical stuff.