New World Of Football Centre Proposed

i agree ,i presume it will look fantastic and SCC will get several million for the ground ,but i hope thats spent on the s 8 area,but alas i presume it will end up at the other end of the city,which would be a great shame,will nearby housing become worth less money? there are a few questions that need to be answered,it would be nice if s8 got some of the cash for its own area

5 hours ago, bassett one said:

i agree ,i presume it will look fantastic and SCC will get several million for the ground ,but i hope thats spent on the s 8 area,but alas i presume it will end up at the other end of the city,which would be a great shame,will nearby housing become worth less money? there are a few questions that need to be answered,it would be nice if s8 got some of the cash for its own area

Houses worth less? doubt it none nearby or the really expensive ones now.

Personally if this goes ahead the council should use this opportunity to sort the back path in between the sports club and low edges. Whatever is built for whoever I would have thought lots of grant money should be available.

yes that would be nice, and i would hope the stadium would be open for other activities for the community to enjoy,we dont have a climbing rock this side of the city that would be nice,the back path sorted making  it easy to visit,yes it will be good,but the locals must be considered and gain from the SCC profits.

I would like to know who are the actual freeholders of that site.

I always thought it belonged to the employees of Sheffield Transport  originally, then SYT, etc.

In the past it's been coveted by Tesco, as it is on the junction of the A61 trunk road and the Sheffield ring road. Minty.....  And no doubt any number of housebuilders, it's a prime plot of land.

But I don't suppose it will be the San Siro.

My understanding is.

Land donated by farmer for the transport employees to use as a sports club.

Land  transferred to sypte to ensure safely kept and keep out of firsts hands.

Land went from sypte to council in exchange for 💰.

I believe it is still with the council and the transport employees have a lease agreement.

Thanks for the background. This would explain why Tesco (the all powerful....) failed in their bid to put a large grocers on the site. There may be a covenant in place regarding ongoing use as a sports ground, etc. Which is a good thing.

Do the league that Sheffield FC play in allow artificial pitches? I believe the modern ones are very good, and it would ensure decent usage of the stadium.

Presumably it would be built on the western side of the ground, next to the TA buildings. So you would still have a nice cricket pitch fronting the A61, which would be pleasant.

Good luck....

that sounds a great idea,they said they will keep the cricket pitch ,so yes put the ground to the TA side and keep the green area next to the island,hopefully then that side can be used as normal,keeping all partys happy,inc our now well est free firework display and the free radio and cricket and maybe a outdoor all weather pitch,i think the sheffield fc have 3 teams,so that way the land can be well used for all.

I recall in the old days issues regarding buildings near the ta centre.

I would personally put on the old tennis courts and bowls greens using stands to be the new fence between low edges and the club, making it harder for the dog walkers that abuse the site and the graffiti artists. Remember cricket has 2 pitches their.

Not a lot wrong with the 2 pitches already their.

Yeah. Club have men. women and under 21s. 4G pitches are used in the Evo Stik leagues.

On 12/03/2019 at 17:54, Cyclecar said:

Thanks for the background. This would explain why Tesco (the all powerful....) failed in their bid to put a large grocers on the site. There may be a covenant in place regarding ongoing use as a sports ground, etc. Which is a good thing.

Do the league that Sheffield FC play in allow artificial pitches? I believe the modern ones are very good, and it would ensure decent usage of the stadium.

Presumably it would be built on the western side of the ground, next to the TA buildings. So you would still have a nice cricket pitch fronting the A61, which would be pleasant.

Good luck....

People power put a stop to Tesco building a Super Store on the Transport Ground!

SYT was all for selling out to Tesco and relocating the sports ground to the old Norton Aerodrome site  on Lightwood Lane until a  Say No to Tesco protest by the locals  got the proposal turned down.

15 hours ago, LLAN said:

People power put a stop to Tesco building a Super Store on the Transport Ground!

SYT was all for selling out to Tesco and relocating the sports ground to the old Norton Aerodrome site  on Lightwood Lane until a  Say No to Tesco protest by the locals  got the proposal turned down.

Yes brilliant opportunity missed for syt.  Will it happen again!