New World Of Football Centre Proposed

On 27/02/2019 at 23:47, misspedantic said:

With a return to Sheffield the club would expect crowds to increase. Even if they remain the same the car parks at the front and rear are usually full and the overspill parks a fair old distance up Bowshaw.   Sheffield FC are doing very well this season and may well be promoted which again should lead to higher crowds.  I think local residents will be definitely affected by parking problems on match days and nights. 

Looking at an aerial pic of that area  there appears to  be a deal of fields  south of Bochum Parkway that could be used rather than see another local sports ground disappear from use of amateur  clubs.

Looking at an aerial pic there already appears to be as much parking at the Meadowhead site as at the current ground, with room to easily extend parking by at least 5 fold without impinging  on any of the existing pitches,

Wow. I go and watch every home Club match but didn`t see this. Plan was to go to Olive Grove but funds weren`t sufficient. Land at Dronfield is worth a lot.

so is SCC gifting the meadowhead sports ground to sheffield  fc? as a goodwill to help the club

34 minutes ago, bassett one said:

so is SCC gifting the meadowhead sports ground to sheffield  fc? as a goodwill to help the club

I really doubt that.

so it sounds like its a done deal,no complaints ,everyones happy but i hope we can save the cricket and firework events and show some green grass towards the island ,not just concrete and steel,if they go up a division or 2 they could do well and the community centre for sport could or can be visited from people world wide

I like it at Dronfield tbh. Great pub! And Club often get football tourists, pretty much every week. I think they sell more shirts in Europe than GB!

Can someone link the story that was in the Star on Tuesday night. Can't see anything on-line.

Land south of Bochum Parkway is farmland and needs to stay that way.

On 28/02/2019 at 11:34, Michael_N said:

Since the land is owned by SYPTE you'd have thought that by now, when traffic congestion is at an all time high they would have proposed to build a park and ride site here, or even proposed to extend the tram from Herdings Park down Bochum Parkway to Meadowhead...

The Sheffield Draft Plan is long overdue. An earlier draft of the draft shows a blob on the sports ground for a park and ride facilty.

SO if we get a park and ride out of this as well thats great,sheffield 8 will i hope we proud to have the home of football,sounds great,only question is footfall and traffic,but a slip road would be easy onto the site

if meadowhead was not busy enough in the first place ... 

they openened the meadowhead retail park..   they call it smoething else ,, but it is called by most ..meadowhead retail park which also unfortunately tells people where it is.....coffee outdoor gear more coffee household stuff people want but dont need and an aldi..   a vital contribution to sheffield's retail going public

...  now as well as hillsborough and bramall lane they want to create another soccer related congestion spot at an already increasingly busy recently remodelled round-about

it will be  council owned so if they want planning permission they already have it.

if they are already letting on they are thinking about it they will probably do it...  despite what people might say...  alot of people thay wanted to conserve tha mature trees in sheffield (and at meadowhead) learned to their cost that opposing htre council is very expensive because they don't care how much of your money they spend to get what they want to do in your name ...despite you not wanting it.

its passed by SCC so the star said,i think they part own it,so its down to cash,i did like the green space,but its called progress and people from all over the world can come and visit the home of football