New World Of Football Centre Proposed

7 minutes ago, bassett one said:

its passed by SCC so the star said,i think they part own it,so its down to cash,i did like the green space,but its called progress and people from all over the world can come and visit the home of football

has anyone thought to ask if the people that live locally or  pass though regularly really want football heads from all over the world comming to meadowhead it can be bad enough when you get just a handfull of united and wednesday fans in the same place at the same time

`Football heads` ?! The visitors we tend to get are generally well-heeled geeky types, keen to chat, take photos and buy merchandise.

Edited by jemson

I THINK it will be great and a added attraction to our city,also great for the south of sheffield

The land isn't owned by sypte unless it's changed hands recently.  It was last with sheffield transport club from sheffield city council.

Looking forward to hear what's planned.

Edited by Slacker1969
Spelling error

its pretty straight forward a  football ground presume 4 sides, a cricket pavilion and pitch area,a area for trophys and the rules ect of how football came about and car parking from what was said,it will need a road inwards ect for coachs i presume and be open for football upto 3 times a week as they will play there teams there,it sounds great,i presume a big function room for partys ect. plus training facilities,so lots of cash to be invested

Edited by bassett one
add on

On ‎26‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 18:35, bassett one said:

in tonights star ,it seems SCC have agreed to build a new football ground at the transport ground meadowhead,seems a good idea,although we may have to relocate our gigantic bonfire, dont know the whole story,but it seems a good idea,but traffic  could be a problem at the island,what do others think about it.?

Who actually owns the ground there are a few bus company's in Sheffield now and which company do you need to belong too to become a full member

The original rules were sold a few years back to an unknown buyer for nearly £100000.

If its been sold who got the money?

2 hours ago, Pkingy said:

If its been sold who got the money?

Sheffield FC is a limited company.  Newspaper reports suggested the sale of the original rules would be used to help fund a return to Sheffield.

On 08/03/2019 at 08:20, Pkingy said:

Who actually owns the ground there are a few bus company's in Sheffield now and which company do you need to belong too to become a full member

SYPTE own the ground previoulsy it was sheffield transport then SYT then when they deregulated the bus service it passed over to the sypte

No sypte sold to the council about 10 years back.

On 08/03/2019 at 08:01, bassett one said:

its pretty straight forward a  football ground presume 4 sides, a cricket pavilion and pitch area,a area for trophys and the rules ect of how football came about and car parking from what was said,it will need a road inwards ect for coachs i presume and be open for football upto 3 times a week as they will play there teams there,it sounds great,i presume a big function room for partys ect. plus training facilities,so lots of cash to be invested

A bit more detail than that I was meaning.

I will reword.... I look forward to seeing a proposed plan.