Harry And Megan Interview.

I’ve just read that Megan Markle made a formal complaint to Good Morning Britain about Piers Morgan after he said he didn’t believe a word of her interview.

It looks as though a large part of her time is going to be spent taking on the tabloids and TV shows that criticise anything she says.

5 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

I’ve just read that Megan Markle made a formal complaint to Good Morning Britain about Piers Morgan after he said he didn’t believe a word of her interview.

It looks as though a large part of her time is going to be spent taking on the tabloids and TV shows that criticise anything she says.

The whole thing is a bit regrettable and a waste of energy; certainly fighting with the press, seems like a drain of time and attention that would be better spent elsewhere. I don't understand why they couldn't have resolved things quietly, internally between family members. Then had they still decided to split, come to some amicable arrangement and parted company on good terms (or as good as possible, considering) without getting in to a very public spat.

On 08/03/2021 at 19:52, Waldo said:

Bit disingenuous to suggest that’s all they’ve done. 

On 08/03/2021 at 19:22, Mister M said:

All Harry and Meghan have done is move out of their Grandma's house & set up on their own

I don't know why people are getting so angry with them....

I think Harry has every right to feel aggrieved with the media after they hounded her to her death. I'd feel aggrieved as well.

Agreed, in as much as I know.

We were all happy for Harry to have found a woman he loves,  that's not easy in his position,  everything was fine at the wedding,  aside from Camilla whispering to Catherine about the long speech Meghan's choice of vicar was giving, then Meghan becomes pregnant and after the baby was born,  bearing in mind she was on maternity leave,  they couldn't get out of the news,  too much pressure particularly at that time,  Harry must have been worried that the press was in overload,  then last year she lost her baby -  no wonder she wanted to start trying for another child -  I hope everything goes well for them.

4 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

I couldn't agree more.

Anyone who likes a quiet life and enjoys their privacy doesn't go into TV & Movies and then marry a Royal Prince.

She may be an actress but she doesn't fool me.

What a self seeking waste of space. Glad she's in America but surprised at Harry.

I agree but don't be fooled by Harry he is just the same....

2 hours ago, Waldo said:

The whole thing is a bit regrettable and a waste of energy; certainly fighting with the press, seems like a drain of time and attention that would be better spent elsewhere. I don't understand why they couldn't have resolved things quietly, internally between family members. Then had they still decided to split, come to some amicable arrangement and parted company on good terms (or as good as possible, considering) without getting in to a very public spat.

Megan said in her interview how much she loved being with the Queen. Out of respect for the Queen and taking her age into consideration, as you say she could have tried to resolve things quietly and got on with her new life in America instead of giving the Queen the stress of having to deal with the after affects of the interview.

Apart from the publicity Megan also might have wanted to find out who her friends are in America after the interview and it couldn’t have got any higher than the President when his press secretary came out and said the administration stands by her, or words to that affect.

Edited by hauxwell

4 hours ago, hauxwell said:

Shame about Piers Morgan who I believe is a defender of free speech, (I didn't see GMB) however I think he picked the wrong battle here, not because of Meghan Markle but because a lot of people who need help, especially with mental health problems, are afraid to ask for it because they fear not being believed. 

But  it's definitely about time someone took on the tabloids. They seem to be able to say what they like and cause enormous damage through insinuation and innuendo, or smear characters  completely through a  clever use of language and tone while still managing to stay just this side of the libel law. 

Edited by Anna B

Why take part in a tv interview to air grievances? Strange when Harry said he wanted to get away from this country because of all the publicity that surrounded them both !

9 minutes ago, pattricia said:

Why take part in a tv interview to air grievances? Strange when Harry said he wanted to get away from this country because of all the publicity that surrounded them both !

Exactly,  she said she couldngo on holiday, turns out they had 13 holidays!, wonder if she'll slag these countries off on tv, one by one.

Why didn't Harry say" come on love, aren't you going a bit over the top", but he's as bad, I'd tell him he can't come back, he's a traitor! 

On 10/03/2021 at 13:42, hauxwell said:

Anything to keep her in the public eye for the chatshow and "celebrity" reality show market.  Im a celeb in December??

On 10/03/2021 at 13:53, Waldo said:

It HAS to be public to make the most money in guest appearances

I don’t know if the Royal family are racist-how can we know? a lot of ordinary people only express their true feelings with family or trusted friends. Buckingham Palace have to be very careful with their response for fear of further high profile, money making interviews from the estranged couple. It was obvious that a forthright, independent, straight talking American actress would struggle to fit in a to the British monarchy and, given Harry’s issues with the establishment, the outcome was inevitable. With a living to make  and axes to grind , dirty washing has been aired publicly and, as a result, Britain’s reputation has been damaged across the world at a time when trade negotiations are vital. I think we should be questioning the funding of a monarchy whose remit is to promote Britain but is actually bringing the country disrepute 

Would they think it racist if someone had been guessing if the baby was going to be born white ?

7 hours ago, pattricia said:

Would they think it racist if someone had been guessing if the baby was going to be born white ?

Would it matter what colour it is?