Harry And Megan Interview.

6 hours ago, Waldo said:

No. Megan makes me want to vomit. She's total cringe and comes across as being a fake. Unnatural in her mannerisms, her false painted on smile, contrived, calculating etc. Any respect and liking I had for Harry went right out of the window when he ditched his family for her. I mean, there's clearly a rift; and the way they announced their split and Suffolk brand to the world without discussing with his own family first. What kind of a person does that? Ugh, no thank you.

Err.. she was an actress before marrying him.

Looks like she wears the trousers anyway.

12 hours ago, pattricia said:

Will you be watching it next week ?  What I can’t understand is , from snippets of the interview already shown, it seems that Megan felt tied down by the role she was expected to play in the Royal Family. My question is, did she not know this before she married Harry ?

Probably not. Even people who've lived in Britain all their lives probably don't understand the ridiculous etiquette and restrictions surrounding royal life when up close and personal, never mind an American who doesn't really grasp the whole notion of being 'royal.' 

I suspect Meghan saw it as an ideal platform for voicing her opinions and making a difference, when in actual fact royals aren't allowed to have a public opinion on anything for fear of being considered 'political,' and as for changing things, it's their job to deliberately collude in continuing to perpetuate an archaic institution full of ancient traditions that no longer have any bearing on reality.

It's a shame, as Harry and Meghan could have been very good for the royal family if they'd been met half way. And you can't get away from it, everything is political these days so she would have to have kept her mouth completely shut which she would have found impossible.

Edited by Anna B

I agree with Waldo and others. She definitely wears the trousers.

1 hour ago, forgeman said:

I agree with Waldo and others. She definitely wears the trousers.

I do agree with you all on this subject.

Meh, I've always preferred William out of the 2 young Princes.. Will's more like his Mum (RIP Diana) but Harry's basically Charles' "Mini Me", also, Kate Middleton's more "proper" than Meghan Markle will ever be IMO, Meghan's problem is that she married out of her class, and she can't live up to the expectations layed on her by being an honorary member of the Royal Family, same with Camilla Parker-Whatsherface IMO.

This thread is in the Entertainment section, about a TV interview and is therefore about the show and it’s contents.

If you want to discuss your thoughts on  the Royal Family as a whole there is a thread here...

She was hoping that she could use the  status given to her a royal to help promote her causes and when she found out that she couldnt she threw her toys out of the pram.  Harry, being still in the first flushes of love/lust allowed her to do so without realising the consequences.  Once these became obvious and that they were willing to call his bluff he found he had gone too far to back down and he was stuffed

He's  the vehicle she wanted to gain publicity, then they go around saying they don't want publicity! 🙄 He'll be back tail between his legs , then she can milk the stories for the rest of her life!

Yes I'll be watching it, and judging by the publicity its been receiving, so will a lot of other people. 

On 05/03/2021 at 16:16, Waldo said:

and the way they announced their split and Suffolk brand...

Just realised it's 'Sussex', not 'Suffolk'!

On 05/03/2021 at 16:16, Waldo said:

No. Megan makes me want to vomit. She's total cringe and comes across as being a fake. Unnatural in her mannerisms, her false painted on smile, contrived, calculating etc. Any respect and liking I had for Harry went right out of the window when he ditched his family for her. I mean, there's clearly a rift; and the way they announced their split and Suffolk brand to the world without discussing with his own family first. What kind of a person does that? Ugh, no thank you.

I couldn't have put it better myself.