Questions Regarding Buying Houses In Worksop (Place To Live )

Hi, I am looking at properties around Gateford Worksop and I would like to ask your advise. Is Worksop a nice place  to live in as a whole, and also what about the Gateford area?

Thanks !

I've been staying at a friends once a week for the past 12 months, they live on Clarence Road, behind the station. You wouldn't realize there was a station there except for the occasional (distant) sound of a horn from the trains. There's an Aldi at the bottom of the road, Wickes, B&Q, Toolstation, Screwfix all within walking distance and the bigger supermarkets not much further. A pleasant, flat town centre (10 mins away) and traffic free. All in all much more relaxed than Sheffield, and apart from the usual rush hours, much less congestion.

I live at Gateford (since 1998). The estate we live on is well designed with lots of open spaces. The cost of the house was substantially less than it would cost in Sheffield. There are more houses being built although I doubt the present developers will give over as much land for open spaces.

The road link to Sheffield has been vastly improved around the Todwick area although Anston can become a bottleneck.

Shops are handy. Romans Rest pub is OK although I've not been in for months. 

On 15/10/2020 at 13:18, carosio said:

I've been staying at a friends once a week for the past 12 months, they live on Clarence Road, behind the station. You wouldn't realize there was a station there except for the occasional (distant) sound of a horn from the trains. There's an Aldi at the bottom of the road, Wickes, B&Q, Toolstation, Screwfix all within walking distance and the bigger supermarkets not much further. A pleasant, flat town centre (10 mins away) and traffic free. All in all much more relaxed than Sheffield, and apart from the usual rush hours, much less congestion.

Sorry for the late reply, thank you !

On 15/10/2020 at 14:43, abbeyedges said:

I live at Gateford (since 1998). The estate we live on is well designed with lots of open spaces. The cost of the house was substantially less than it would cost in Sheffield. There are more houses being built although I doubt the present developers will give over as much land for open spaces.

The road link to Sheffield has been vastly improved around the Todwick area although Anston can become a bottleneck.

Shops are handy. Romans Rest pub is OK although I've not been in for months. 

Thank for the advice! Sorry for the late reply 

Hi everyone,

I am currently working in Sheffield city centre and I am searching for properties to buy. I found there are lots of houses for sell in Worksop, around the the Gateford area. Since I am not very familar with that place, may I ask, for people like me who is working in Sheffield city centre, is Worksop a nice place to live in in terms of, for example, transport, crimes, schools, lifestyle (etc supermarket, shopping , GP etc? ). 

Thank you so much :)