Blades V Villa

I'll take the 1-0 with only 10 men.

What an edge of the seat battle that was 10 out of 10 for the 10 man rear guard.

Edited by Alextopman

That was a good battling performance from United, especially after the sending off with Fleck and Norwood putting in more work than in all the previous games combined; I'll still be relieved to see the back of Lundstram though. Seeing them win reminded me of the end of 'Groundhog Day' when Bill Murray finally wakes up to find he's no longer going to suffer the same experiences time after time. We've lost yet another central defender but that could prove to be a blessing if Wilder switches to 4:4:2 but I expect he'll play Stevens as a central defender which is a worry.

5 hours ago, despritdan said:

We've lost yet another central defender but that could prove to be a blessing if Wilder switches to 4:4:2 but I expect he'll play Stevens as a central defender which is a worry.

The way things are going, we'll have another one injured next match, so perhaps then we'll have to play 4-4-2 as we'd have no other centre-backs!

Whether that happens or not, I'd like to see us play with 2 genuine strikers, with Goldie in midfield.  He'd start off and join in attacks, instead of starting there then retreating into midfield leaving only one striker up, hopelessly outnumbered, so no-one to cross to.

7 hours ago, Thirsty Relic said:

The way things are going, we'll have another one injured next match, so perhaps then we'll have to play 4-4-2 as we'd have no other centre-backs!

Whether that happens or not, I'd like to see us play with 2 genuine strikers, with Goldie in midfield.  He'd start off and join in attacks, instead of starting there then retreating into midfield leaving only one striker up, hopelessly outnumbered, so no-one to cross to.

That's what I've been wanting all season; it would create more chances for our strikers and let us see what they're actually like.