R.I.P Saint

11 hours ago, Ridgewalk said:

I can still remember some of that emerging Liverpool side which çreated the footballing superpower that Liverpool is today. Roger Hunt, Ron Yeats, Ian Callaghan, Tommy Smith, Tommy Lawrence, Gordon Milne, John Toshack. Ian St John scored the winning goal in the 1965 Cup Final against the bête-noir of the day Leeds United, a victory for football over a bunch of cynical pragmatists which included Norman Hunter, Billy Bremner and Jack Charlton.

John Toshack's name seems out of place with the others as they're 1965ish -Tosh joined the Reds in 1970-Chris Lawler and Peter Thompson were also part of that great squad.

Edited by St Petre
Add

2 hours ago, St Petre said:

John Toshack's name seems out of place with the others as their 1965ish -Tosh joined the Reds in 1970-Chris Lawler and Peter Thompson were also part of that great squad.

wasn't Gordon Milne there as well?

1 hour ago, Thirsty Relic said:

wasn't Gordon Milne there as well?

Gordon Milne is mentioned In Ridgewalk's post.

18 hours ago, wearysmith said:

18 hours ago, wearysmith said:

That was funny, especially the Ken Bates quip.

Thank you Mr St John for signing for me [1, 2, 3] long before you signed for owls.

R.I.P. Sir.