R.I.P Saint

So sad to hear of the passing of Ian St John  , Along with  Big Jack and Maurice Setters the three of them got us out of the dark days of the seventies and back on the road to recovery.   R.I.P  Saint  and condolences to family and friendMay be an image of 3 people and people standings.

Edited by ALAN 58

A great photo, thanks for posting Alan. All three now gone inside a year. 
RIP Saint.

RIP saint ,these 3 saved OUR GREAT TEAM ,they did a great job,all sadly gone.

Good player, and great straight man for the comic talent of Jimmy Greaves on the Saint and Greavsie show on ITV.  RIP

3 hours ago, ALAN 58 said:

So sad to hear of the passing of Ian St John  , Along with  Big Jack and Maurice Setters the three of them got us out of the dark days of the seventies and back on the road to recovery.   R.I.P  Saint  and condolences to family and friendMay be an image of 3 people and people standings.

Wonder how they understood each other, one born in Devon, one Northumberland and one Lanarkshire . RIP Ian.

5 hours ago, ALAN 58 said:

Smashing photo of 3 legends!

On 02/03/2021 at 14:25, Thirsty Relic said:

Good player, and great straight man for the comic talent of Jimmy Greaves on the Saint and Greavsie show on ITV.  RIP

Great TV show would always rush back to the children's home to watch that no matter what I was doing...

Sadly missed R.I.P....

Ian St John was one of a generation of great Scottish players, all the top clubs seemed to have a coterie of Scots.  Never realised he was at Wednesday.

RIP.

I can still remember some of that emerging Liverpool side which çreated the footballing superpower that Liverpool is today. Roger Hunt, Ron Yeats, Ian Callaghan, Tommy Smith, Tommy Lawrence, Gordon Milne, John Toshack. Ian St John scored the winning goal in the 1965 Cup Final against the bête-noir of the day Leeds United, a victory for football over a bunch of cynical pragmatists which included Norman Hunter, Billy Bremner and Jack Charlton.