Repairs By Sheffield City Council

Has anyone else had enough of Sheffield City Council and their repair service?  I dont mean just during lockdown.  My home is full of black mould and damp and they've said there's nothing they can do about it as it's due to condensation.  Theres  wet dropping off the ceilings whilst we are in bed and I'm really fed up with it.  Surely in this day and age we shouldn't have to live in these conditions, one ceiling that is supposed to be white is nearly black. My carpets, blinds and some furniture is ruined due to this and they dont care.  

contact your local MP or councillors,but they are putting off a huge amount of repairs due to covid,lets hope they have lots of staff to sort them out,after we are back to some normallity,but i agree since the work was put back in SCC hands as in the past the work always gets worse,when it was in independent hands they at least had to justify money spent,now it can be lost in with there housing costs ,not saying anything wrong,but service is awfull again.

6 hours ago, katekate said:

Has anyone else had enough of Sheffield City Council and their repair service?  I dont mean just during lockdown.  My home is full of black mould and damp and they've said there's nothing they can do about it as it's due to condensation.  Theres  wet dropping off the ceilings whilst we are in bed and I'm really fed up with it.  Surely in this day and age we shouldn't have to live in these conditions, one ceiling that is supposed to be white is nearly black. My carpets, blinds and some furniture is ruined due to this and they dont care.  

The council can't do much if you don't ventilate your house properly.

Could you borrow a dehumidifier off someone? I've always got 3 plugged in at our house all the time... they make a huge difference, especially in an older property this time of year.