Why Is Albert Terrace Road Off Infirmary Road Closed

The short section between Infirmary Road and the next side street towards Penistone road Has been closed for months now never seen any workmen or any sign of any work being done.  Anyone know why cars are being sent on a little diversion and vehicles heading towards town are forced to stop at red lights despite there being no conflict traffic 

24 minutes ago, Bigal1 said:

The short section between Infirmary Road and the next side street towards Penistone road Has been closed for months now never seen any workmen or any sign of any work being done.  Anyone know why cars are being sent on a little diversion and vehicles heading towards town are forced to stop at red lights despite there being no conflict traffic 

SCC/Amey disorganisation?

8 hours ago, Bigal1 said:

which set of lights are these

On Infirmary Road 

There's nothing on roadworks.org map, I looked the other day as I was wondering as well. Been closed for at least two months without any work carried out. Not really acceptable.

Last time it was  closed was due to pipes collasped,but as said not seen any working there.

16 hours ago, Colin Foster said:

There's nothing on roadworks.org map, I looked the other day as I was wondering as well. Been closed for at least two months without any work carried out. Not really acceptable.

It really hacks me off that the council bang on about reducing pollution (and I am in favor of that) but do nothing themselves to help such as altering traffic lights (in this case heading to town direction) and forcing unnecessary stop starts and the added pollution this causes (pedestrians could use the button to stop the trafic)

On 02/03/2021 at 12:19, Bigal1 said:

On Infirmary Road 

At it's junction with.......................................?

The road has collapsed. The area has a fence round it.

12 hours ago, dan2802 said:

The road has collapsed. The area has a fence round it.

Thanks Dan

So  if the road has collapsed why hasn't it been mended.  I think eight weeks to repair a collapsed road is totally unacceptable.

22 hours ago, Mandem said:

So  if the road has collapsed why hasn't it been mended.  I think eight weeks to repair a collapsed road is totally unacceptable.

Not really, we don't know why it collapsed. No point just filling it in, if there's an ongoing problem.