Darren Moore New Owls Manager

Doncaster chairman says  on their website,  he's disappointed in Darren, having made efforts to support him over last 18 months, assistant manager Jamie Smith has left DRFC as well

1 hour ago, Alextopman said:

Can't really see that being true for a Man who would have been out of contract before next season begins.

Still like to see people coming through the ranks and getting jobs instead of just for their name.

Perhaps the compensation is for both Darren Moore and his assistant Jamie Smith who he brought with him.

well i hope he will sort them out,could do it ,but theres a major problem,will he be given time as the big man says he wants instant promotion,not promises,if we go down or if we stay up its a FULL rebuild needed,i am on the fence with this one as the man has not won or proved anything,but we must back him.

5 hours ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

First reaction? CHANSIRI YOU IDIOT!!!! DO YOU NEVER LEARN?!?!

Given 10 seconds to absorb the news, it could be a decent enough appointment. I think WBA were 4th when he was sacked, so not too shabby.

Donny up and down on a Roller Coaster, but again, he was improving them by the week. Donny had a recent rough patch (did the players know Darren was going?).

The team played open, attacking football, and the players enjoyed playing for him.

I feel for Donny losing him, he was good for them.

Football wise, we should see a great improvement, but we need wins, and a good few of 'em.

If team spirit, and player enjoyment returns, we could go well.

Suffice to say, I think Moore will reignite the club's 'up and at 'em' approach, and I'm looking forward to it.

Welcome to Hell Darren!

That's the spirit ' up and at em' !

29 minutes ago, Ridgewalk said:

That's the spirit ' up and at em' !

I wish!

5 hours ago, Padders said:

I have just sat down to post, HOTMALE TO ISSUE STATEMENT LATER TODAY.

Came a bit premature for me.

Anyway, thanks.

Good comments, and a positive outlook, could this be the turning point, we shall see.

The very last thing we need, is another failure. I've a good feeling we'll do well, and impress under Darren.

I haven't got a Crystal Ball though.

3 minutes ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

The very last thing we need, is another failure. I've a good feeling we'll do well, and impress under Darren.

I haven't got a Crystal Ball though.

Pretty sure it was you who picked up my discarded one a couple of years ago.

Rotherham may suffer in this week's match from the 'new manager syndrome'.

Very brave man, wish him every success in his role, hes got one hell of a task ahead, more than a relegation battle to contend with,

I can only summise that DC & AP didnt want Paul Cook as he was the popular choice with the majority of the fan base, and you cant have your customers telling you they were right all along,or theyl be making other decisions for them both next!

DM is still new to football management,but has made a decent fist of it,without any noteable  achievements thus far,unlike PC.

Darren Moore looks a rough type of manager this club really needed,as the previous managers have been too sort on certain players,like to  see the type or style of play he uses,as these players need a kick up the arse and realise there playing for aTop Club with Super fans,as there attitude over the past couple of games as been shocking,glad he as brought in is own coaching team,as the ones we had were to soft with these players,can"t wait to see how they preform tomorrow now

2 hours ago, Padders said:

Pretty sure it was you who picked up my discarded one a couple of years ago.

It rolled off down to the 4th Division. I haven't reached there yet! 😉

Plus  you threw it out cos it dint flippin work! I'm not falling for it pal. 🙂

1 hour ago, 1295galaxy said:

Darren Moore looks a rough type of manager this club really needed,as the previous managers have been too sort on certain players,like to  see the type or style of play he uses,as these players need a kick up the arse and realise there playing for aTop Club with Super fans,as there attitude over the past couple of games as been shocking,glad he as brought in is own coaching team,as the ones we had were to soft with these players,can"t wait to see how they preform tomorrow now

Coaching team? Has he? I've only seen his assistant has been appointed? I've got serious consideration for Lee Bullen, but maybe it is time for a backroom change. New broom and all that? Whatever, we need change. A proper change, and sentiments go out of the windows sometimes, as harsh as it seems.

Edited by Hotmale 1954

Its a difficult job for anyone to take under DC's stewardship but Moore has always spoken very well and earned respect wherever he's been, I'll back him to the hilt until he gives me reason to do otherwise.

Welcome to SWFC Darren,