Darren Moore New Owls Manager

Well  it appears we have a manager. It will be interesting to see what length of contract he has got as it seemed DC didn't want to give one longer than until the end of season. Whatever happens we need to give him a decent amount of time though

34 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Well  it appears we have a manager. It will be interesting to see what length of contract he has got as it seemed DC didn't want to give one longer than until the end of season. Whatever happens we need to give him a decent amount of time though

Good choice Nervy,

I like the guy, worked wonders at Donny,

Can he do the same at Hillsboro, doubt it, surprised he's left Donny to take up the poisoned chalice at Hillsboro.

6 minutes ago, Padders said:

Good choice Nervy,

I like the guy, worked wonders at Donny,

Can he do the same at Hillsboro, doubt it, surprised he's left Donny to take up the poisoned chalice at Hillsboro.

Me too. Was harshly treated at weest brom aswell. Surprised her leave there for us but if he can get things right then more chance of getting to premiership with us than Donny. I'll be surprised if any manager can turn things around though so good luck to him.

First reaction? CHANSIRI YOU IDIOT!!!! DO YOU NEVER LEARN?!?!

Given 10 seconds to absorb the news, it could be a decent enough appointment. I think WBA were 4th when he was sacked, so not too shabby.

Donny up and down on a Roller Coaster, but again, he was improving them by the week. Donny had a recent rough patch (did the players know Darren was going?).

The team played open, attacking football, and the players enjoyed playing for him.

I feel for Donny losing him, he was good for them.

Football wise, we should see a great improvement, but we need wins, and a good few of 'em.

If team spirit, and player enjoyment returns, we could go well.

Suffice to say, I think Moore will reignite the club's 'up and at 'em' approach, and I'm looking forward to it.

Welcome to Hell Darren!

Done a decent job at Doncaster, harshly treat at West Brom and well respected in the game. Why couldn,t DC have moved earlier and we just may not have been in the predicament we are in now,  He will get my support and i,m sure most fans, even if it has come as a surprise appointment.   Now all DC has to do is let him do the job we have fourteen cup finals to play Good Luck Darren.

8 minutes ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

First reaction? CHANSIRI YOU IDIOT!!!! DO YOU NEVER LEARN?!?!

Given 10 seconds to absorb the news, it could be a decent enough appointment. I think WBA were 4th when he was sacked, so not too shabby.

Donny up and down on a Roller Coaster, but again, he was improving them by the week. Donny had a recent rough patch (did the players know Darren was going?).

The team played open, attacking football, and the players enjoyed playing for him.

I feel for Donny losing him, he was good for them.

Football wise, we should see a great improvement, but we need wins, and a good few of 'em.

If team spirit, and player enjoyment returns, we could go well.

Suffice to say, I think Moore will reignite the club's 'up and at 'em' approach, and I'm looking forward to it.

Welcome to Hell Darren!

I have just sat down to post, HOTMALE TO ISSUE STATEMENT LATER TODAY.

Came a bit premature for me.

Anyway, thanks.

Good comments, and a positive outlook, could this be the turning point, we shall see.

Comes across as a decent bloke and he’s got nowhere near as much baggage as Monk/Pulis. Give him a bit of time and he could work out a good appointment for the Owls.

I've been told it's a deal until the end of the season. Very surprised he's left Donny for us if that's the case.

22 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

I've been told it's a deal until the end of the season. Very surprised he's left Donny for us if that's the case.

Can't see that Nervy,

Just read on Yorkshire Live that the Owls have paid a 6 figure compensation fee to Donny.

1 hour ago, Padders said:

Can't see that Nervy,

Just read on Yorkshire Live that the Owls have paid a 6 figure compensation fee to Donny.

That's what I thought, he must be wrong surely, madness if true though.

He reckons it's on sky about the contract so I don't know, strange decision if true.

Edited by NERVY-OWL

Well can only hope guys now with all the scrapping for survival you need to win and others drop points to survive. No gud winning and there winning.

So gud luck guys👍

1 hour ago, Padders said:

Can't see that Nervy,

Can't really see that being true for a Man who would have been out of contract before next season begins.

Still like to see people coming through the ranks and getting jobs instead of just for their name.