Sheffield United V Liverpool

Tut, tut, the blades stealing Wednesday’s clothes again. Ending other clubs’ losing runs is our USP. 

No complaints about the result, I'm just glad we weren't playing Luton in that second half.

Given the injuries and the natural limitations of the players, I thought that was a pretty decent performance from the Blades especially in the first half with Ramsdale being outstanding. In the end, the result was as predictable as Wilder's tactics and team selection; he seems to think of that midfield trio as being like a pair of comfortable old slippers which you carry on wearing despite them being worn out and falling apart, because you've got so used to them, they've become like an old friend. I keep hoping he'll do something bold and adventurous but he never does, it's always the same old same old. Watching our matches is like watching endless repeats of 'Dad's Army' on the BBC. It'll be the same against Villa and throughout the rest of this miserable season as we slink out of the Premier League by the back door and are soon forgotten as we made so little impact whilst we were there.

3 hours ago, despritdan said:

Given the injuries and the natural limitations of the players, I thought that was a pretty decent performance from the Blades especially in the first half with Ramsdale being outstanding. In the end, the result was as predictable as Wilder's tactics and team selection; he seems to think of that midfield trio as being like a pair of comfortable old slippers which you carry on wearing despite them being worn out and falling apart, because you've got so used to them, they've become like an old friend. I keep hoping he'll do something bold and adventurous but he never does, it's always the same old same old. Watching our matches is like watching endless repeats of 'Dad's Army' on the BBC. It'll be the same against Villa and throughout the rest of this miserable season as we slink out of the Premier League by the back door and are soon forgotten as we made so little impact whilst we were there.

Not disagreeing with the comment about the midfield trio but who else is available to fill those places?

55 minutes ago, abbeyedges said:

Not disagreeing with the comment about the midfield trio but who else is available to fill those places?

Well, it's about time we tried out the "exciting" youngsters who seem to get mentioned time and again, and put on the bench but not the pitch.  Agree with comments about midfield regulars, and the fact that there are no experienced midfielders fit, but why not try a youngster instead?

1 hour ago, abbeyedges said:

He could try Burke on the left; his pace could pose a real threat and he's not a striker as his ridiculous shot from an impossibly narrow angle showed. He could try McGoldrick on the right instead of Lundstram and he could ask Sharp to drop back into the number 10 role. I've been suggesting this for weeks but I don't think Chris Wilder reads this forum.

Why doesn't he play Brewster,  has me wondering whether he was signed by the prince /board  with out Wilders approval ?

18 hours ago, Alextopman said:

No complaints about the result, I'm just glad we weren't playing Luton in that second half.

I agree reyt super team Luton

4 minutes ago, pintor said:

Why doesn't he play Brewster,  has me wondering whether he was signed by the prince /board  with out Wilders approval ?

Brewster was a panic buy. I think CW let himself down there, giving in to fans clamour for a striker.

Mousse hasn't helped himself given his obvious talent. McBurnie, well ?

Thought we played OK in the first half.  I think this was the first league game we have played, since CW arrived, that didn't have any of our usual back three?

I was never expecting anything against Liverpool though,  even though it was the usual defensive error's, leaving players unmarked, that gifted them a win.

If we can coach some finishing skills into Burke, we will have a real player on our hands, the lad is never going to come second in a race for the ball, will always get to the by-line first for a cut back into the box.  He's built like a rugby league player, but with the pace of an Olympic sprinter, I can't imagine any defender feeling confident with him charging towards them.