Litter In Sheffield?

6 hours ago, Anna B said:

No autonomy anymore. All the decisions are made by faceless unaccountable bureaucrats. We're all just cogs in the machine.

Not like that in any professional workplace I've ever worked in, now or in the past. I've always been expected to demonstrate initiative and self reliance, and expect the same from colleagues.

Those faceless unaccountable bureaucrats are actually just people doing the job as best they can, with the best intentions, being criticised by people who imagine they could the job much better but have no idea of the demands or constraints of the job.

6 hours ago, Anna B said:

No autonomy anymore. All the decisions are made by faceless unaccountable bureaucrats. We're all just cogs in the machine.

Its because we live in large towns/cities instead of having a village community. There are still some village communities left, just hope they are not swollwed by the neighbouring councils for the sake of efficiencyf.

Drove through Page Hall the other day Upwell street area. It is absolutely disgusting! You have to see it to believe it. Loads of  people wandering around with nothing to do.

Why can’t they start working by picking the litter up and refrain from dumping their sofas and unwanted household goods on the public byway?

2 minutes ago, prince al said:

Drove through Page Hall the other day Upwell street area. It is absolutely disgusting! You have to see it to believe it. Loads of  people wandering around with nothing to do.

Why can’t they start working by picking the litter up and refrain from dumping their sofas and unwanted household goods on the public byway?

Been like that for a number of years now, Even been a TV programme made about it, and the area is plagued by rats.

3 hours ago, prince al said:

I was doing some jobs there a few months back and actually witnessed someone in two different houses emptying a bin out of an upstairs window onto the pavement. Couldn't believe what I was seeing!

3 minutes ago, Colin Foster said:

I was doing some jobs there a few months back and actually witnessed someone in two different houses emptying a bin out of an upstairs window onto the pavement. Couldn't believe what I was seeing!

A lot of the residents in that area come from war torn or poverty stricken countries.

There not bad people, it's what there used to doing..

3 hours ago, Padders said:

A lot of the residents in that area come from war torn or poverty stricken countries.

There not bad people, it's what there used to doing..

Whether or not they are used to doing it is irrelevant. It's disgusting.

A car on normanton springs hill this morning thrown a load out nr Linley lane,but it been seen on a camera  if you want to come and get it before 4 pm ok.if not police will be notified plate recognised.

why do they do it no wonder there’s rats everywhere.

3 minutes ago, maggidee said:

A car on normanton springs hill this morning thrown a load out nr Linley lane,but it been seen on a camera  if you want to come and get it before 4 pm ok.if not police will be notified plate recognised.

why do they do it no wonder there’s rats everywhere.

Love it!!!

what pees ME off is at isolated pull-ins on the snake pass there's takeaway litter chucked out.

Who wants a take away thats gone cold anyway.

And don't get me started on the pratts who take barbeques on moorland, and wonder why there are fires!

Unfortunately we are unlikely to solve the litter problem in Sheffield in the near future.

If do want to help, we have a team of over 3000 volunteers that help keep our streets, footpaths, parks and many other places clean.
We have Events, each in thir own location,  and you can PLOG for as long as you want.
Some can only spare one hour, others can spend as long as they wish

Sheffield Litter Pickers 

Edited by Gleadly

sorry due to being ill i cannot help you,but i do drive and notice how many bags you put out for collection,the amount collected is huge,all dumped by selfish,couldnt care less idiots,well done,but we need to stop this or educate these people as well.

On 20/03/2021 at 21:48, Colin Foster said:

Not unusual in parts of Turkey.