Litter In Sheffield?

7 minutes ago, dutch said:

I walked past a black bin today that had a large piece of plywood screwed to its side and I am 99% certain this is to repair damage from wrong usage and not veolia fault. And these people should not get a free bin for messing it up again.

Although I think veolia will try to charge anyone £27 if they want a new one. When damage is truly veolia fault and you argue you used it properly it should not be difficult to get a free bin or the payment refunded.

Hmmm... :huh:

... so how exactly do you use a wheelie bin incorrectly? :confused:

12 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

... so how exactly do you use a wheelie bin incorrectly? :confused:

Well, only yesterday,

Came home from shopping, put the car in the garage...

Bin men had been, so wheeled the bin round the back...

Then decided to snap the lock shut on the gate...

FOOL... I'd left the house keys in the car, and the back door was locked, I was stranded in the back garden.

Now my garden is surrounded by a 6ft fence, my only escape was to climb over the fence, I tried but couldn't get a foot hold..

After about 10 mins shouting for help, I decided to use my ingenuity...

What came to my rescue, THE WHEELIE BIN..

Wheelie bin up to the fence, climbed on top of said bin, and managed to get my leg over (no jokes) the fence..

Then a balancing act on top of the fence, while my other leg followed.

I'd escaped,

A few scratches but otherwise unharmed.

I'll not bother explaining my escapade with the bin while trimming the tree in the garden, that wasn't so successful.

Electric shears and wheelie bins don't mix.

What I'm trying say is Wheelie bins have a variety of uses.

And this story actually happened yesterday.

25 minutes ago, Padders said:

Well, only yesterday,

Came home from shopping, put the car in the garage...

Bin men had been, so wheeled the bin round the back...

Then decided to snap the lock shut on the gate...

FOOL... I'd left the house keys in the car, and the back door was locked, I was stranded in the back garden.

Now my garden is surrounded by a 6ft fence, my only escape was to climb over the fence, I tried but couldn't get a foot hold..

After about 10 mins shouting for help, I decided to use my ingenuity...

What came to my rescue, THE WHEELIE BIN..

Wheelie bin up to the fence, climbed on top of said bin, and managed to get my leg over (no jokes) the fence..

Then a balancing act on top of the fence, while my other leg followed.

I'd escaped,

A few scratches but otherwise unharmed.

I'll not bother explaining my escapade with the bin while trimming the tree in the garden, that wasn't so successful.

Electric shears and wheelie bins don't mix.

What I'm trying say is Wheelie bins have a variety of uses.

And this story actually happened yesterday.

You know when you ask a question...

... and then you begin to realise you wish you'd never asked... :hihi:

27 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

You know when you ask a question...

... and then you begin to realise you wish you'd never asked... :hihi:

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

I wonder how long these black bins are expected to last with normal usage?

21 hours ago, dutch said:

I walked past a black bin today that had a large piece of plywood screwed to its side and I am 99% certain this is to repair damage from wrong usage and not veolia fault. And these people should not get a free bin for messing it up again.

Although I think veolia will try to charge anyone £27 if they want a new one. When damage is truly veolia fault and you argue you used it properly it should not be difficult to get a free bin or the payment refunded.

I 100 %  agree anyone who damages a bin should have to pay, but that statement says if Veoli damage the bin you pay because it states again and  I qoute," If you have a damaged bin you pay 27 pounds for a replacement".  Same applies if they loose your bin it says you pay.

14 hours ago, carosio said:

I wonder how long these black bins are expected to last with normal usage?

That doesn't matter either carosio because as I read it however the bin becomes not fit for use, you pay, because thats the way it reads.

We are getting a little off topic here  going on about veolia bins instead of the litter in Sheffield but they are somehow related.

Edited by dutch

1 hour ago, spilldig said:

I 100 %  agree anyone who damages a bin should have to pay, but that statement says if Veoli damage the bin you pay because it states again and  I qoute," If you have a damaged bin you pay 27 pounds for a replacement".  Same applies if they loose your bin it says you pay.

That doesn't matter either carosio because as I read it however the bin becomes not fit for use, you pay, because thats the way it reads.

I found some information that veolia charges the £27 for "administrative and delivery costs".

There are commercial retailers where you can get one for around £60 with free delivery.

Going off topic I know, but Veolia state that the admin charge is set by SCC. On SCC's website the page on the SCC/veolia contract give links which do not open.

58 minutes ago, carosio said:

Going off topic I know, but Veolia state that the admin charge is set by SCC. On SCC's website the page on the SCC/veolia contract give links which do not open.

I wonder how much they'll be charging us for a new one? :(

1 hour ago, carosio said:

I googled it and came across that statement about Sheffield Veolia somewhere. It doesn't really matter to me our black bin has been and is still fine and has 1993 printed on the lid.

10 minutes ago, dutch said:

I googled it and came across that statement about Sheffield Veolia somewhere. It doesn't really matter to me our black bin has been and is still fine and has 1993 printed on the lid.

Not wishing to turn this into a competition for who has the oldest wheelie bin in Sheffield, but...

... mine has 1992 moulded into the lid, and is still functioning perfectly! :)

But then unlike some on here, I tend to use it for putting my rubbish in and not for purposes for which it was never designed! :roll: