Litter In Sheffield?

On 21/04/2021 at 17:43, Gleadly said:

Not unusual in parts of Turkey.

Sheffield isn't in Turkey.

No littering is acceptable but I think the people that throw their rubbish out of vehicle windows or leave it behind after they have parked up to eat and drink deserve a special mention. I’ve ended up carrying around ON FOOT cans/bottles/bags of drive thru takeaway rubbish to the nearest bin because some lazy pea brain couldn’t leave their trash in their car to take it home or find a bin. 
The only answer to this is fines/anti littering campaigns and maybe print car reg numbers on drive thru packaging.  

Just had the new bin emptying calendar from Veolia with the information  that states, " If you have a missing or damaged bin please note there is a £27 charge for replacement black bins ".     Now we personally have never damaged a black bin but the binmen have, which was then replaced, so the question is what happens  if they damage it?

I have twice had to request replacement bins ( two properties) ,a call to veolia  ,and thier call centre is really quick, both were replaced without charge.

Yes. As you say butlers, never had a problem before but this is a new statement which clearly says that if a bin is damaged you pay. I quoted it word for word.

If Veolia damage it and you take them to small claims court you will most likely get that money back. You will need to take pictures of the bin before and after collection to proof they did it.

If it goes missing you will have to report it stolen to police and contact your insurance company.

2 hours ago, spilldig said:

Yes. As you say butlers, never had a problem before but this is a new statement which clearly says that if a bin is damaged you pay. I quoted it word for word.

I have a suspicion some people put building waste and other unusual objects in the bins that damage them and think Veolia may make the statement to mainly target this group. 

If it really happens during a normal collection and they charge you, keep calling them complaining, send them letter emails etc I am certain someone will be able to get their money back from them.

Edited by dutch

have you noticed how the nicer parts of the city are pretty  much litter free?? residents take pride in their area and road frontage of grass etc. travel a few miles into the poorer areas and there is litter and detritus everywhere, you would think with not much to do they would have time to clear up??

27 minutes ago, ab6262 said:

have you noticed how the nicer parts of the city are pretty  much litter free?? residents take pride in their area and road frontage of grass etc. travel a few miles into the poorer areas and there is litter and detritus everywhere, you would think with not much to do they would have time to clear up??

1/10, predictable trolling from predicatable troller.

49 minutes ago, ab6262 said:

There are several reasons for it, but it's true.

21 minutes ago, Bargepole23 said:

1/10, predictable trolling from predicatable troller.

eh? not trolling at all just sick of seeing rubbish as i travel round, its an observation so wind ya neck in Mr Pole!

21 hours ago, dutch said:

If Veolia damage it and you take them to small claims court you will most likely get that money back. You will need to take pictures of the bin before and after collection to proof they did it.

If it goes missing you will have to report it stolen to police and contact your insurance company.

I have a suspicion some people put building waste and other unusual objects in the bins that damage them and think Veolia may make the statement to mainly target this group. 

If it really happens during a normal collection and they charge you, keep calling them complaining, send them letter emails etc I am certain someone will be able to get their money back from them.

Well let's hope so dutch.

On 08/07/2021 at 08:11, spilldig said:

Well let's hope so dutch.

I walked past a black bin today that had a large piece of plywood screwed to its side and I am 99% certain this is to repair damage from wrong usage and not veolia fault. And these people should not get a free bin for messing it up again.

Although I think veolia will try to charge anyone £27 if they want a new one. When damage is truly veolia fault and you argue you used it properly it should not be difficult to get a free bin or the payment refunded.