Treeton, Rotherham , Place To Live In

Hello everyone, I am looking at properties in Treetonm Roterham and I am not really familar with this area.  I would like to ask is treeon  a nice place to live in as a whole (in terms of crimes, nearby places, neighbourgh etc),  what it like?

Thank you so much  !

Hi Harry, I have lived all my life in Treeton and it's a growing village. Originally a pit village with around 1800 dwellings, it is now around 3500 and getting bigger with the new development opposite the cemetery. It's surrounded by nice walks through woods, and around the Old Dyke, a large stretch of water. There is a Community Centre that hosts various groups and activities in normal times, a Post Office in the local Treeton News, the best Chinese takeaway in  the area,  Home Wok, a pizza takeaway and a local doctor's surgery and chemist. It has good transport links to the motorway network, but public transport is not good. Whilst I don't use it myself, many complain about unreliability. The local junior school is good and the secondary at Aston Academy is also.

On 28/02/2021 at 10:18, classicfan said:

Hi Harry, I have lived all my life in Treeton and it's a growing village. Originally a pit village with around 1800 dwellings, it is now around 3500 and getting bigger with the new development opposite the cemetery. It's surrounded by nice walks through woods, and around the Old Dyke, a large stretch of water. There is a Community Centre that hosts various groups and activities in normal times, a Post Office in the local Treeton News, the best Chinese takeaway in  the area,  Home Wok, a pizza takeaway and a local doctor's surgery and chemist. It has good transport links to the motorway network, but public transport is not good. Whilst I don't use it myself, many complain about unreliability. The local junior school is good and the secondary at Aston Academy is also.

Thank you for the reply  classicfan !  And thanks so much  for the information you provided ! really helpful ! 

On 01/03/2021 at 22:15, Harry_Z said:

Thank you for the reply  classicfan !  And thanks so much  for the information you provided ! really helpful ! 

If you require anything specific please let me know. I'll try to help. 

On 28/02/2021 at 10:18, classicfan said:

Hi. Can I ask would Treeton be a good place for a Asian family to live in. I’ve been getting views that it might not be. I’m of Asian background and people from Sheffield are telling me that I will not be welcome there. I didn’t know that these types of places exist which has been shocking to me. They said it has only one percent of Asian people living there and the Indian takeaway was vandalised a few times. Is this really the case. I have seen a house on station road opposite the church which would be ideal for my family. I don’t want to write a complete village off because of a few opinions. So Any honest advice would be great. Thanks. 

On 13/06/2021 at 21:35, parveen said:

Hi. Can I ask would Treeton be a good place for a Asian family to live in. I’ve been getting views that it might not be. I’m of Asian background and people from Sheffield are telling me that I will not be welcome there. I didn’t know that these types of places exist which has been shocking to me. They said it has only one percent of Asian people living there and the Indian takeaway was vandalised a few times. Is this really the case. I have seen a house on station road opposite the church which would be ideal for my family. I don’t want to write a complete village off because of a few opinions. So Any honest advice would be great. Thanks. 

There are far more multi racial families in the village than in past years. I have neighbours who are mixed race. The Indian takeaway hasn't been in existence for over twenty years. I won't deny there will be racists, but sadly this is country wide, not just Treeton. Hope you make the correct decision.