Brother Burgled Firth Park Rd - Feeling Desperate

My brother lives on Firth Park Rd just down from the woods so not far from Page Hall. He’s been there all his life. A few days ago - in broad daylight - while he was at work, he was burgled and some power tools were taken. This afternoon - again while he was at work - all his back windows were smashed.  I’m in North Wales so cant do anything but I am worried sick that something else may happen. Is anyone from that area that may have seen something or heard something? Or even that would be willing to just keep an eye out? I know it’s asking a lot but I’m at a loss. The police have been informed. Thank you. 

That's awful, hope your brother is ok.  I' m not in that area but hope someone can help.

total and utter disgrace,hope they get them,but the trouble is theres i think the law is to easy,when they do catch them.

14 hours ago, anncoleman said:

My brother lives on Firth Park Rd just down from the woods so not far from Page Hall. He’s been there all his life. A few days ago - in broad daylight - while he was at work, he was burgled and some power tools were taken. This afternoon - again while he was at work - all his back windows were smashed.  I’m in North Wales so cant do anything but I am worried sick that something else may happen. Is anyone from that area that may have seen something or heard something? Or even that would be willing to just keep an eye out? I know it’s asking a lot but I’m at a loss. The police have been informed. Thank you. 

is there a local facebook group? I know in Walkley a burglar was caught recently because people were collating information via a neighbourhood watch group and passing it onto the police which eventually allowed them to catch the burglar (though sadly there are many more still roaming the area, but fingers crossed they will be receiving a visit in the near future).

I feel for your brother. It’s devastating to return home and find you have been burgled.

It happened to me just after my wife died. We lived in the Firth Park area then.

On the plus side (for me anyway) it gave me the incentive to upsticks after sixty years and leave the city to be nearer family.

I hope your brother is ok and gets the support he needs.

They seem to be doing the rounds again, it's happening in Longley to.

They are mainly focusing on sheds and garages but the occasional house has been burgled and car's stolen.

Your Brother should invest in CCTV and I know they wear masks to disguise themselves specially in a pandemic it can act as a deterent.

Hope they catch the culprits responsible