What Advice Would You Give Now To Your Younger Self ?

On 29/07/2019 at 15:33, pattricia said:

If you could go back in time and give some advice to yourself when you were 18 years of age, what would that advice be ? Mine would be

Live in the present moment

and

People treat you the way YOU let them !

What would your advice be ? What lessons have you learned in life that you would have liked to have known at 18 ?

Dont marry her. She will only make you miserable.

38 minutes ago, pattricia said:

Now what do you think ? Lol....

:huh: Maybe.

📞 ring ring.

HELLO, 

HI IS THAT GEORGE,

YES, WHOSE THAT,

ITS PAT, GEORGE,

HI PAT,

GEORGE FANCY GOING OUT FOR A MEAL AND A FEW DRINKS,

THEN WHAT PAT,

BACK TO MY PLACE, YOU CAN HELP ME FINISH MY JIGSAW,

pause

SORRY PAT, SOME OTHER TIME.

You've already got health problems that you don't know about- have your babies before the ability gets taken away in your early twenties.

And don't be at the far end of the Parkway at 0800 on 5 October 1995.

Don't ruin your health working crazy hard for others for 40 years, ruin it working for yourself. Then at least you will have enough brass to live comfortably for the rest of your painful life.

Angel1.

Emigrate, so that in 44 years time I won’t have to listen to all the racist, bigoted Little Englanders who have dragged this country so far downhill in the last 3 years.

2 hours ago, Eater Sundae said:

Emigrate, so that in 44 years time I won’t have to listen to all the racist, bigoted Little Englanders who have dragged this country so far downhill in the last 3 years.

That’s precisely the advice that I gave to my  ( slightly older than 18) kids a year ago. Thankfully, they listened.

3 hours ago, Eater Sundae said:

Wow, what wonderful country would you prefer to reside in where the people are so different to the little Englanders your so paranoid about ? I have been to many different countries and plenty of them can't stand the English never mind any other Johnny foreigner !

My advice would be to get out and understand why different people have different opinions, live and learn.

Edited by Michael_W

13 minutes ago, Michael_W said:

My advice would be to get out and understand why different people have different opinions, live and learn.

You should give that a go.

9 hours ago, Michael_W said:

Wow, what wonderful country would you prefer to reside in where the people are so different to the little Englanders your so paranoid about ? I have been to many different countries and plenty of them can't stand the English never mind any other Johnny foreigner !

I’ve been to plenty and worked in five of them for varying lengths of time. No country is perfect, but I was generally treated with respect. Maybe it was something to do with the way I behaved.

16 hours ago, Padders said:

:huh: Maybe.

📞 ring ring.

HELLO, 

HI IS THAT GEORGE,

YES, WHOSE THAT,

ITS PAT, GEORGE,

HI PAT,

GEORGE FANCY GOING OUT FOR A MEAL AND A FEW DRINKS,

THEN WHAT PAT,

BACK TO MY PLACE, YOU CAN HELP ME FINISH MY JIGSAW,

pause

SORRY PAT, SOME OTHER TIME.

Don’t marry for looks

Run away. Now. Everyone is exactly right about that one person from day one. Don't get into a relationship with them, even if it's your first relationship. You'll suffer several years of abuse and lose the people you're close to because of their vicious manipulation and controlling methods. 

1 hour ago, pattricia said:

Don’t marry for looks

As my mum used to say to my dad, "Come away from the window.  People will think I married you for your money."