The Hollies, City Hall

I have been trying to find an album the Hollies recorded during a live concert at the City Hall in 1974.

I cannot trace this album anywhere but I know they recorded the concert at the City Hall as I was there.

I have been in touch with there current manager (this is a few years ago though) I believe he was not the original manager of that time and he has come up with nothing.

Was anyone else at that concert in 1974, it wasn't a massive audience it was quite modest who may remember it

If you google Tony Hicks or Bobby Elliott who still play with the band, I'm sure they could point you in the right direction.

Can’t help you with the album, but that was the first proper gig I went to, aged 13. Mum worked at Debenhams and they gave out some free tickets. She got a couple on the day and we went that night. I remember really enjoying it!

Not really helping with your question but I remember 'The Air That I Breathe' was a huge hit in 1974. 

Hi Sheffworker I also worked at Debenhams (Pauldens) at that time and was given free tickets to see the Hollies gig and really enjoyed it. What was your mum's name and which department did she work in I might know her?

Hi @Sharon Crow

Her name was May Wood, she worked on the lingerie department up until the mid-late 80’s.

Hi we must have been there at the same time to get the free tickets but I left in 1975.

It seems that a couple of you were at the same concert but can you remember Alan Clarke telling evryone to make themselves heard as the concert was recorded Live for a new album.

Where is that album, was it ever published