Who Would You Like To Manage Sheffield United Next Season?

Genuine question to the Blades (and all the Owls) who want Wilder sacked now.

Who would you want in charge next season to give the Blades the best shot at promotion?  Be realistic , Peps going nowhere

24 minutes ago, atticus said:

Who would you want in charge next season to give the Blades the best shot at promotion?  Be realistic , Peps going nowhere

I don't advocate sacking Wilder. He's the ONLY one for the job whilever he's available. Can't see him moving anywhere for a few years yet. As an Owl, I'd like him to move on. He won't. 

3 hours ago, atticus said:

It's pointless now the damage has already been done !!!!!....

Unless we get a FA Cup miracle obviously the season is over. The question was who do you want to to lead the Blades next season ?

Me to 

just wondered who the Wilder outers wanted 

11 hours ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

I don't advocate sacking Wilder. He's the ONLY one for the job whilever he's available. Can't see him moving anywhere for a few years yet. As an Owl, I'd like him to move on. He won't. 

100% agree

8 hours ago, atticus said:

Me to 

just wondered who the Wilder outers wanted 

That is the right question, and just how many " Wilder out"Blades are there ? All the evidence points to a small minority, although this might change. The guys been at the helm for 5 seasons and had success throughout, bar this season. Gates  have increased exponentially, we've had two seasons at the top table , a massive over achievement, and we'll take two seasons parachute payments.

That said this season has been a major disappointment, the worst I can remember, and i'm 67. Feels worse than the 4th division season, given expectations and that we were on the verge of a breakthrough. Pre-lockdown last season we were consolidating at 5th in the table, crazy innit ?

There are lots of reasons why this season has been a failure but if I'd to pick one it would be the absence of fans, home and away. When your players aren't as good as the opposition you have to look at extraneous factors which create success.

Be careful what you wish for is all I'd say to the ones wanting him out. I'm not saying he should have a job for life but getting rid after one bad season is a risk. Wilder goes and you could be getting a new manager every season like us.

2 hours ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Be careful what you wish for is all I'd say to the ones wanting him out. I'm not saying he should have a job for life but getting rid after one bad season is a risk. Wilder goes and you could be getting a new manager every season like us.

That's more often the case than not. The lower leagues are riddled with big clubs fallen on hard times changing managers constantly, one of whom were Wolves until fairly recently, who got lucky with a good manager as we did with Wilder. Another one was Leicester who throughout my life have yo yo'd between third and first division ( Premier). Football is cyclical unless your one of an elite group of clubs who are permanently winning or in contention for trophies

The anti-Wilder brigade haven't an alternative because there isn't one.

I bought into the Wilder revolution when I saw them on TV play at Gillingham in early 2016/17.

Chris Wilder is not just the team manager. In his words he has his 'fingerprints all over the club.'

He's set out to change the club and not just the team. For this to be successful he needs time.

The progress made in nearly five years is remarkable. That progress should allow him the time to complete the job.

More clubs should follow our example and realise at some stage or other the sackings have to stop and a sense of stability needs to be developed.

I cannot imagine an Allardyce, Pulis, Monk and all the others being interested in the long term plans for the club. Their interests are short term and self centred. 

Wenger and Ferguson were afforded the time to create legacies. 

I would rather have the past 5 seasons as a Blade than accepting monotonous, boring 'stability'.

Thanks CWAK. We go again. Let's continue to enjoy the ride. 

as a outsider,so to speak,if i supported the blades,i would keep what you have,keep all the players you can and do like norwich have done,looks the right idea to me.

As a neutral (hammers) fan, I see nowt wrong with your manager! It's been a messed up season, No fans and Sheffield Utd more than any club they've  missed the support of their fans.

keep the manager and go again next season with the same setup, and hopefully bounce back up.

onwards and upwards.