Jump to content


Hello Sheffield Forum

Recommended Posts

Hello from me.  I decided to join this amazing forum that was so helpful to my Uncle in his last months. My Uncle Bob was a lost soul and you great people helped him so much Ill be forever in your debt. I am also hoping that i may be able to help others in some small way so Hello from JayOfRoth 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome Jay, good to hear that your family's experience of the Forum was a positive one and I hope yours will be the same. I have received (and I hope occasionally given!) useful information and advice and I wouldn't want to be without it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for the lovely welcome silverglade5.This forum certainly is a valuable resource and im really looking forward to getting stuck in as it were🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Jay and a warm welcome.    We were so shocked and upset when your Uncle Bob passed away, it can't have been easy for you also.  I hope his children and other family members are coping, I wish you all well.

I'm sure you will be a valuable asset to this forum.   All the best.    :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome - in these days where people can't really get together as we did before, virtual communication is vital to keep what remains of our sanity (although some of us on here have lost ours years ago!).  Another member means another viewpoint/another voice/another comment/another joke and so on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/02/2021 at 20:40, francypants said:

Hello Jay and a warm welcome.    We were so shocked and upset when your Uncle Bob passed away, it can't have been easy for you also.  I hope his children and other family members are coping, I wish you all well.

I'm sure you will be a valuable asset to this forum.   All the best.    :thumbsup:

Hi fancypants thank you. Thats lovely and by the by youve got a brilliant username 🤣

Losing my Uncle was horrible for sure. Especially because of the way we lost him and not just the fact we lost him if that makes sense. He was a great guy who lost his way and we as a family let him down if im honest. We all know it and we all regret it and we'll have to live with it but thats on us, our karma so to speak Before he started his slide he was so funny intelligent and always had good advice and I am trying to remember him as he was rather than how he ended up. I also trying to keep his memory alive, I just couldn't get rid of his computer so I decided to keep it and give my pc to charity instead and I'm glad I did because its rammed with pictures I've never seen family tree research, short stories and even the notes for some some sort of novel he was researching. Its jam packed full of his life . Its better than 10 Christmas's rolled into 1 haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, JayOfRoth said:

Hi fancypants thank you. Thats lovely and by the by youve got a brilliant username 🤣

 

Hi Jay, welcome to the forum, hope you post often.

I did correspond with your uncle a couple of times, he sounded such a lovely man, needless to say I was very saddened to hear of his passing.

Incidentally FRANCY PANTS is a lovely person, but she's as daft as her user name :hihi:.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Padders said:

Hi Jay, welcome to the forum, hope you post often.

I did correspond with your uncle a couple of times, he sounded such a lovely man, needless to say I was very saddened to hear of his passing.

Incidentally FRANCY PANTS is a lovely person, but she's as daft as her user name :hihi:.

🤣  🤣  🤣     True  !

 

( Jay, don't beat yourself up.   Think about all the lovely times you had with your uncle.  I think it's brilliant that you're using his computer  ........  happy memories.  )  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/02/2021 at 13:11, Padders said:

Hi Jay, welcome to the forum, hope you post often.

I did correspond with your uncle a couple of times, he sounded such a lovely man, needless to say I was very saddened to hear of his passing.

Incidentally FRANCY PANTS is a lovely person, but she's as daft as her user name :hihi:.

Hi Padders and thank you yeah he was a one of the good guys and he is very much missed. Im hoping to put together some kind of video montage of his pictures and stuff along with his fave tunes. It wont breing him back to us but it could help some of the family deal with the loss

Thank you too for the tip off about Francypants hahaha. I just hope she didnt notice i had called her Fancypants in my earlier post 🤣🤣🤣

 

On 24/02/2021 at 14:42, francypants said:

🤣  🤣  🤣     True  !

 

( Jay, don't beat yourself up.   Think about all the lovely times you had with your uncle.  I think it's brilliant that you're using his computer  ........  happy memories.  )  

 

Thank you Francypants. His computer is just packed full of interesting stuff about him and some of the family. Hopefully when im able to put it all together ill have an interesting video log of his life. I have to say im very very excited about what ill find on it next 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, JayOfRoth said:

Hi Padders and thank you yeah he was a one of the good guys and he is very much missed. Im hoping to put together some kind of video montage of his pictures and stuff along with his fave tunes. It wont breing him back to us but it could help some of the family deal with the loss

Thank you too for the tip off about Francypants hahaha. I just hope she didnt notice i had called her Fancypants in my earlier post 🤣🤣🤣

 

Thank you Francypants. His computer is just packed full of interesting stuff about him and some of the family. Hopefully when im able to put it all together ill have an interesting video log of his life. I have to say im very very excited about what ill find on it next 🙂

Hi Jay     :wave:  

Yes I did notice !    but I'll let you off this once.     🤬    🤣

 

PS )  If you like a bit of light hearted fun, join us on the ' I'm Bored ' section. I'm sure you'll end up as daft as the rest of us.   🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hurray... I finally managed to log in on my phone lol

Thanks for letting me off for my slight indiscretion Francypants and ill be winging my way to the I'm bored section ASAP 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the forum  Jay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.