Why Has Percival And Burnham Dentists Of Ringinglow Rd Closed?

32 minutes ago, linda 1 said:

can I please ask if there is a dentist anywhere in Sheffield that would be willing to take me on or at least have a word with me. as it is at the moment I'm not desperate for anything doing but the fear that something might go wrong and I have no one is making me ill . I have no one left to give me any advice. the ones I've tried are not taking on new but trying to catch up with a backlog. this is a nightmare for me I never saw this coming

To be fair Linda, The good folk of SF. have given you advice.

Thank you. It couldn't have come at a worse time.  

1 hour ago, feargal said:

https://www.nhs.uk/nhs-services/dentists/how-to-find-an-nhs-dentist/

You might just have to ring several to find an appointment, but there's advice here. 

Thank you for your help. I'll make a list of ones in my area and just work my way through them. It's a to do job on Monday I don't mind going a distance my last one was a fair way from me. 

On 22/02/2021 at 17:28, linda 1 said:

Can anyone tell me why my dentist mark Percival  and john Burnham of Ringinglow Rd has closed. I got a horrible surprise when I rang for a appointment and was told they had gone half way through the first lock down.  I got nothing to tell me this was going to happen. This has thrown me into a total panic as I have a dentist phobia but after over 30 years with this dentist I felt safe with him. I can't find out why they have closed so suddenly or if one of them is practising somewhere else. I've no idea how to go about finding another as the couple I have rung  are not taking on new patients due to backlog with covid. It seems like something  may have happened to close the surgery without warning to the patients. I would like to know why it has closed.

Hi. I think Mr Percival retired before the pandemic and Mr Burnham during the first lockdown, possibly due to I'll health. I only found out on the grapevine. I was also gutted to find this out as I've gone to that dentist my whole life. I have now registered with Collins and Ball just down the road from them following a recommendation from a friend. It's a very similar sort of family practice. First appointment was relaxed and friendly. Good luck. 

Thank you I'll give them a ring. this morning my husband broke a tooth so he's got a appointment tomorrow. so he's having to go to marks replacement. Thank goodness it wasn't me as I honestly don't feel I can go there anymore I spent all last week trying to sort this out with no luck. I will try those thank you so much.  like you we've been with mark for most of our lives. It sent me into a panic when they told me. you never really think about the dentist until it's you appointment time it's just a part of your life until something  happens to change it. couldn't come at a worse time. Thanks again

Back in the late 60s and 70s I used to have Chester Burnham as my dentist. When he retired I changed dentists.  I remember once while I was in the chair the receptionist came through to tell him that his next patient had cancelled.  He told her to charge her a 'de-buggeration fee'.

18 hours ago, linda 1 said:

Thank you I'll give them a ring. this morning my husband broke a tooth so he's got a appointment tomorrow. so he's having to go to marks replacement. Thank goodness it wasn't me as I honestly don't feel I can go there anymore I spent all last week trying to sort this out with no luck. I will try those thank you so much.  like you we've been with mark for most of our lives. It sent me into a panic when they told me. you never really think about the dentist until it's you appointment time it's just a part of your life until something  happens to change it. couldn't come at a worse time. Thanks again

I've got the phone number and took a look at the reviews so I will be ringing first thing in the morning and hopefully they might be able to sort my husbands broken tooth out for him as well. fingers crossed they are taking on new patients just now

I rang Collins and Ball and was told they are not taking on new patients until July but she gave me a appointment for mid July. so thank you for your help and I've got my fingers crossed I don't need one before then. in the meantime I'm still with marks place.