Why Has Percival And Burnham Dentists Of Ringinglow Rd Closed?

Happy to confirm the last post, that they are open.  I too am a nervous patient, but have been twice recently, all is well-organised and the new dentist I saw was excellent. Wife and son can confIrm positiVe experiences as well.

Yes I do know the practice is still there but after speaking to them on a couple of occasions I was told by a student working there  that they are not all qualified they are in their final year and there is just one older experienced dentist there.  there are 5 dentists  in a building that has just 2 treatment rooms so obviously they are not all there at the same time and after suffering a horrendous injury at the hands of a dentist I'm not willing to risk it. after what he did to me it's left a lasting  horror of the dentist which mark understood.  I do honestly believe that patients should have been informed of the workings of this new take over. I know students have to learn but not on patients that have no idea of the set up. I believe if you are going to let somebody go operating in your mouth that's not fully qualified you need to be told then It's your choice. They wouldn't have said anything but for me questioning them and not putting the phone down till I was satisfied I got the full story.  It's too late after the injury has happened. This practice is no longer for me.

Edited by linda 1

I agree with you they could have at least written to or communicated to  patients explaining what’s going on.

Some patients have seeing John or Mark for literally decades.

On 24/02/2021 at 12:27, mikeG said:

I live in North Wales Linda and I've had regular phone calls from my dentist  to cancel my appointment and re-arrange it for the following month. They are trying their best but are restricted in what they can do. The jab is ok. I was in and out of the surgery in 5 minutes and didn't feel a thing. No side effects.

Thank you. I went for the jab I was not in long. very sore arm today but it's better than covid. without people pushing me on I'm not sure I'd have done it. 

On 23/02/2021 at 19:27, linda 1 said:

Can anyone please recommend a dentist in the Sheffield  6 or 10 area . after over 30 years with the same dentist he just packed up and left  without a word of warning. I have a really bad dentist  phobia I've had it since childhood but my dentist was so kind and understanding I always managed it still with a struggle but still did it. I find the action of just packing up and leaving all his patients in this position very strange. I tried a couple but they are not taking on new patients just now. I suffer from anxiety and life at the moment is really hard for everyone so this on top is terrible. I just don't know what to do. everything in my life has changed I've got nothing left of my life before covid. hopefully I will be able to sort this out somehow,

Thompson and  Thomas  at Fairlawns at Middlewood, s6 are very good Linda.  I know a few nervous patients who go there. 

Edited by feargal

Thank you I'll give them a ring.  It's awful having to try to sort this out on top of everything else.

On 25/02/2021 at 12:05, linda 1 said:

Yes I do know the practice is still there but after speaking to them on a couple of occasions I was told by a student working there  that they are not all qualified they are in their final year and there is just one older experienced dentist there.  there are 5 dentists  in a building that has just 2 treatment rooms

No. There are now three- the old waiting room on the first floor is now a surgery.

Oh right. I'm not a nightmare patient but It' a nightmare for me to go. I've lost all the people that supported  me at times like this so on top of that I've got to try to sort this out myself. I had been with this practice for 35 years so it was just normal for me to go. I would not say it was easy for me but I felt safe. A couple of people have given me names of a couple of dentists to contact. It's unbelievable what happened to me and even though it was many years ago I think it would have a lasting effect on anyone. so I think it's understandable. 

On 25/02/2021 at 14:55, Fudbeer said:

I agree with you they could have at least written to or communicated to  patients explaining what’s going on.

Some patients have seeing John or Mark for literally decades.

Well, I agree with this at least.

Most businesses do tell their regular customers about major changes of business/personnel.

I know this year has been awful for a lot of people but I've had it really bad. I needed a bit of a boost something to aim for something normal from my old life to get me back on track as I just missed out on my check up so I thought  I'll get my check up and get my tooth sorted I was struggling with the jab so  I thought if I don't get this jab I can't go to the dentist so I rang mark to ask him once I'm clear to come can you book me in the woman that answered the phone just said he's gone he's not here. I honestly can't tell you how I felt I couldn't believe it. not a letter or call nothing. then on top of that the jab. mark was really kind to me nothing was too much trouble for him. to tell you the truth I'm a bit worried about him  it's not like him to let his patients get faced with that. He's even opened up the surgery for me at weekends. so unexpected. It wouldn't have been so bad on it's own It's  just on top of everything else.  

can I please ask if there is a dentist anywhere in Sheffield that would be willing to take me on or at least have a word with me. as it is at the moment I'm not desperate for anything doing but the fear that something might go wrong and I have no one is making me ill . I have no one left to give me any advice. the ones I've tried are not taking on new but trying to catch up with a backlog. this is a nightmare for me I never saw this coming