Why Has Percival And Burnham Dentists Of Ringinglow Rd Closed?

Can anyone tell me why my dentist mark Percival  and john Burnham of Ringinglow Rd has closed. I got a horrible surprise when I rang for a appointment and was told they had gone half way through the first lock down.  I got nothing to tell me this was going to happen. This has thrown me into a total panic as I have a dentist phobia but after over 30 years with this dentist I felt safe with him. I can't find out why they have closed so suddenly or if one of them is practising somewhere else. I've no idea how to go about finding another as the couple I have rung  are not taking on new patients due to backlog with covid. It seems like something  may have happened to close the surgery without warning to the patients. I would like to know why it has closed.

Edited by nikki-red

WOW thats a real shame if true.Known them both for years and went to school with John.

Looking at their Facebook reviews it looks like you are right and they have sold  the practice and moved on maybe they have taken early retirement as I think they were both in their 50's.

Can anyone please recommend a dentist in the Sheffield  6 or 10 area . after over 30 years with the same dentist he just packed up and left  without a word of warning. I have a really bad dentist  phobia I've had it since childhood but my dentist was so kind and understanding I always managed it still with a struggle but still did it. I find the action of just packing up and leaving all his patients in this position very strange. I tried a couple but they are not taking on new patients just now. I suffer from anxiety and life at the moment is really hard for everyone so this on top is terrible. I just don't know what to do. everything in my life has changed I've got nothing left of my life before covid. hopefully I will be able to sort this out somehow,

1 hour ago, linda 1 said:

Can anyone please recommend a dentist in the Sheffield  6 or 10 area . after over 30 years with the same dentist he just packed up and left  without a word of warning. I have a really bad dentist  phobia I've had it since childhood but my dentist was so kind and understanding I always managed it still with a struggle but still did it. I find the action of just packing up and leaving all his patients in this position very strange. I tried a couple but they are not taking on new patients just now. I suffer from anxiety and life at the moment is really hard for everyone so this on top is terrible. I just don't know what to do. everything in my life has changed I've got nothing left of my life before covid. hopefully I will be able to sort this out somehow,

Everybody is in the same boat Linda regarding Covid,

I know I am, in fact I'm going Doo Ally.  I'm exactly the same with the dentist's.

Cheer up, things will get better.

I ended up going private Flint on Abbey Lane are very good and are particularly good for people who are nervous but cheap they are not!

I know a lot of people are struggling at present sure you will get sorted.

my dentist has just retired - other dentists in the practice trying to make me go private with them

I am in pieces my nerves are shot to ribbons I've lost five members of my family in seven months. including my mom and now I have to go for my covid jab today. needles again I can't afford not to have it we've hardly any family left. I've not left the house for a year only to take my little dog to the vet. my little dog is everything to me  .so the dentist going has just about finished me off. I need this jab to be able to go to the dentist when I find one. I feel like everyone has left me on my own. I know there are others like me out there but that doesn't really help. thank you for your reply's.

I live in North Wales Linda and I've had regular phone calls from my dentist  to cancel my appointment and re-arrange it for the following month. They are trying their best but are restricted in what they can do. The jab is ok. I was in and out of the surgery in 5 minutes and didn't feel a thing. No side effects.

1 hour ago, linda 1 said:

I am in pieces my nerves are shot to ribbons I've lost five members of my family in seven months. including my mom and now I have to go for my covid jab today. needles again I can't afford not to have it we've hardly any family left. I've not left the house for a year only to take my little dog to the vet. my little dog is everything to me  .so the dentist going has just about finished me off. I need this jab to be able to go to the dentist when I find one. I feel like everyone has left me on my own. I know there are others like me out there but that doesn't really help. thank you for your reply's.

How awful Linda,

I really do feel for you, it must be very hard for you, try and stay positive,

Keep posting on the forum, some really nice people who will help you along.

The forum has really helped me during these dark times

Hi Linda, there's a lot of support out there for people who are struggling. Your local surgery will have a list of volunteers and helpers who are willing to lend an ear. It's all too easy to let everything build up and take over our lives at the moment. It's not always easy to reach out for help but it's worth a try. 😀

On 22/02/2021 at 17:28, linda 1 said:

Can anyone tell me why my dentist mark Percival  and john Burnham of Ringinglow Rd has closed. I got a horrible surprise when I rang for a appointment and was told they had gone half way through the first lock down.  I got nothing to tell me this was going to happen. This has thrown me into a total panic as I have a dentist phobia but after over 30 years with this dentist I felt safe with him. I can't find out why they have closed so suddenly or if one of them is practising somewhere else. I've no idea how to go about finding another as the couple I have rung  are not taking on new patients due to backlog with covid. It seems like something  may have happened to close the surgery without warning to the patients. I would like to know why it has closed.

It hasn't closed at all! I know- I was there last this week for a check-up.

But it now trades as Ringinglow Dental Practice: see https://ringinglowdental.co.uk/

I think that Mark took early retirement. He was a very good dentist and I'm sorry that he's gone too.