Brentford V Sheffield Wednesday

When was the last time you/we/I was even slightly impressed with Wednesday? I've looked at my notes, and the only time between Carlos and now, that I brightened up, was a 6 out of 10 performance against the bastions of soccer, Wycombe. The rest (or most of 'em) were boring, ineffective, embarrassing, inept, shocking excuses for a football team.

Now. I've said it every 3 months for the last 10 years, Professional footballers can play. You don't buy a player, or chuck 1 to 30 thousand pounds a week at 'em, if they can't play. Most are good enough for top end 1st Div teams, and bottom end Championship teams. To step up to top end Championship clubs is as much down to attitudes, as it is to skill level. (See Sheff U). You HAVE to apply yourself properly. Apply yourself every minute of every game, in every competition for the whole season. Yep, everybody has an off day ....... a stinker. There's no way on God's earth that 4, 5, 7 or 13 players have an off day, on the same day. There are qualified Motivators out there. Qualified wind up merchants. Geeer upperers. SAS instructors. Boxing Coaches. Proper people, for proper situations. Given a day or two, I'd find the best people for the job. Over to you Wednesday.

Oh, and while I'm at it........ go and get Jokanavic. Final answer.

Edited by Hotmale 1954

Brentford on an uncharacteristic bad run, that will end on Wednesday.

Cannot see anything other than a Brentford win  to nil.

Tonight's line up against the Bees. Westwood out injured and several changes from Saturday.

Vt-ZpFzK?format=jpg&name=small

6 hours ago, ALAN 58 said:

Cannot see anything other than a Brentford win  to nil.

Brentford 2           -          Owls 0.

Forgive my ignorance, oversight, stupidity, but where is Green? I don't do the papers, and rarely local radio, so I'm in the dark.

2 minutes ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

Forgive my ignorance, oversight, stupidity, but where is Green? I don't do the papers, and rarely local radio, so I'm in the dark.

Probably saving him till next season 🙄 he hasn't played for 6 month's so probably trying to get up to speed with his fitness

On 21/02/2021 at 16:02, Kelvin Phlats said:

😂😂😂 He's on the wind up isn't he? Fair play to him though, he is Mr Positivity. I reckon what he's thinking about is that if he keeps banging on with the same message he'll get one right eventually.

Having said that, I'd love him to be right but sooner or later Brentford are going to come good. I think we may be the ones to change their fortunes.

I too hope he's right.

I'd like to see Harris and Reach rested, with Green and Bashiru coming in. Also, I'd give Brown a run of games. He's got to have the quality considering his pedigree. Kachunga can do the business, again, he needs a run. Rhodes is becoming more prominent, and I'd stick with him as well. The whole country knows what Rhodes can do given the service. I'd have no qualms introducing Windass on 60 or 70 minutes, and finally, I think (maybe, could be, possibly) I prefer Börner to Lees.  I'd play my team for an extended run, and I think we'd prosper. I reckon it's quite a jump in quality. That said I like the look of that lad Jack Hunt at Bristol, and the lad Joào at Reading. What we do need, is a shake up. Bannon, for instance, needs  pointing forward (like a table football player) 🙂

Oh, and REALLY glad Uroghide is back. Best player we've got...... at the minute.

Edited by Hotmale 1954

That must be the worst goal I have ever seen conceded! 4 or 5 chances to clear the ball.  Pathetic!

Edited by prince al