Princess Latifa Kidnapping

Why is this any of our concern?

8 minutes ago, geared said:

We comment on what's going on in other countries so why not comment on this,  we are a forum not the foreign office

13 minutes ago, geared said:

It isnt. It is a family matter where the family is in its own country thousands of miles away. The family is one of the world's wealthiest, from what the busybodies of the media reveal to us, the lady is not on bread and water in a dungeon. 

Surely we have more important issues to worry about. 

Provided they don’t break any of our Ts & Cs our members can post about anything that interests them.

Please don’t tell other people what they should or shouldn’t post.

If you’re not interested in a topic simply don’t read it.

2 hours ago, nikki-red said:

Provided they don’t break any of our Ts & Cs our members can post about anything that interests them.

Please don’t tell other people what they should or shouldn’t post.

If you’re not interested in a topic simply don’t read it.view. I would 

Hi Nikki-Red. I would never object to another's post,  the original poster  posed a question - I was trying to answer politely with an opposing  view.  The great strength of this Forum is that you show opinions from all directions, political, social, etc.  They reflect the real mix we have in this City. Indeed you may have carried a post from the local secretary of the Flat Earth Society - although I missed it. 

I accept your admonishment in good spirit.

We as a country cannot ignore if men consistently/institutionally mistreat girls and women in any country in the world

Perhaps the Queen should ask her friend about what is really happening and if he doesn't have him put in the tower for  kidnapping.

Alternatively we should use international law to establish if kidnapping has taken place.

People should not ignore what happens to Emirati girls and women and girls and women and of all nationalities before they spend their tourist money. Your privileged and protected status as a tourist is envied by the Emirati women and girls who you will never see. 

But it's odd how much influence is still wielded globally by such undemocratic countries. I'm always puzzled, too, when undemocratic countries pop-up chairing things like the UNO 'human rights' malarkey!

Edited by Jeffrey Shaw

I think that India has questions to answer regarding how their armed forces appear to have been available for hire.

I would like to see all the z-listers take a financial hammering for their ignorant delight in thinking that Dubai is a wonderful place to advertise.

5 hours ago, Cyclecar said:

It isnt. It is a family matter where the family is in its own country thousands of miles away. The family is one of the world's wealthiest, from what the busybodies of the media reveal to us, the lady is not on bread and water in a dungeon. 

Surely we have more important issues to worry about. 

Surely the systematic abuse of women by men is an important issue. You don't need to know much about the UAE to know that this is symptomatic of the coordinated oppression of one half of the population by the other.

4 hours ago, Cyclecar said:

Hi Nikki-Red. I would never object to another's post,  the original poster  posed a question - I was trying to answer politely with an opposing  view.  The great strength of this Forum is that you show opinions from all directions, political, social, etc.  They reflect the real mix we have in this City. Indeed you may have carried a post from the local secretary of the Flat Earth Society - although I missed it. 

I accept your admonishment in good spirit.

Here here! People who hold views which some may consider controversial, absolutely should be allowed to be air and debate them.

I think I probably disagree with your view that it isn't our concern though. Where would you draw the line? How severe do human rights abuses overseas have to be before it's our concern?

6 hours ago, Jeffrey Shaw said:

But it's odd how much influence is still wielded globally by such undemocratic countries. I'm always puzzled, too, when undemocratic countries pop-up chairing things like the UNO 'human rights' malarkey!

Money. They have lots of it. Money, money and more money. Money gets you everywhere.

Edited by Anna B