The Great Big Chav Megathread... ALL discussion of Chavs here.

What is the cause of the chav phenomenon?  

311 members have voted

1. 1. What is the cause of the chav phenomenon?

• Its a media construct and we are focussing on an existing problem.
    • They are a product of social division and exclusion.
    • They are just born evil.
    • I don't care - just wipe them out!
    • Other (please say what)

While the term might have meant something at some point. It’s has now just become out and out class racism and starting a thread like this just proves it.

Would you have started a thread called

“What's you thoughts on all these blacks eh?”

“Puffs, do you like em, or hate em!”

“Women, what’s the point?”

No, nobody would. But, somehow to start a thread making fun of ‘chavs’ is okay

Although, the real irony is that. The basic conception of the term was not to judge how the people spoke or dressed, but to judge a mindset that couldn’t imagine being different to your friends or family before you. So most of the idiots that continue to talk about ‘chavs’ fall into that category themselves.

Come on Humans, we can do better than this.

I'm very sorry to have upset you....

didn't realise there had been posts like this before .

Didn't see it as a form of racism and don't mean it like that, honestly just went to the site as suggested by someone else and wondered what others thoughts were, you're right i wouldn't have started a thread about the other stuff you suggested because that would be wrong but surely you can tell i'm just bored at work and something just made me think!?!?

Also, to be fair, i don't really think i am making fun of said chavs!?!

Consider this "idiots" hands well and truely slapped (surley you're making a judgement there yourself?)

* yawn *

Whats the new buzz word on the street ?

AS much as im a big Lance Armstrong fan, if it wasnt for him we wouldnt have all thoses wristband floating about. Chavs are scum wristband whats all that about, just another pointless wristband.

Plus for this one, you have to sign up for loadsa spam before you can get it.

Avoid.

I think this anti-chav phenomenon is a bunch of prejudiced hogwash anyways, like being poor and having little prospects in life is somehow 'bad', I mean of course it is bad but it's not like everyone has to rub it in. No job, no money, no life, and yeah we'll all laff cos you are weak and stupid and we are clever and strong.

Maybe an "I love Chav's" wristband is in order:)

Originally posted by the_artifact

I think this anti-chav phenomenon is a bunch of prejudiced hogwash anyways, like being poor and having little prospects in life is somehow 'bad', I mean of course it is bad but it's not like everyone has to rub it in. No job, no money, no life, and yeah we'll all laff cos you are weak and stupid and we are clever and strong.

Maybe an "I love Chav's" wristband is in order:)

I think the point is that people who aren't so lucky didn't make the choice, chavs did.

maybe the whole society should forget about all the chav crap......!

I don't get it I thought that the point of these things was awareness............surely everyone knows that chavs are scum!!!

To be honest I know all about Chavs, but I am expected to know about wristbands, and they never tell you what all the colours are for. I just thought it was a gay thing and never knew it was for charity.

But it seems they tell everybody on hallam FM to buy them, and which colour is for what part of the charity, but I don't listen to that Channel. Only Radio6, Classic Rock and Radio 4. So I am totally unaware.

But you would not catch me wearing one anyhow. I give to charities which I choose and don't fell so shallow that I need to "have a T-shirt" to show all the other shallow people who to support.