The Disappearance Of Shannon Mathews.

I really enjoyed this programme. The second part of this documentary airs tonight. I always think that fact is stranger than fiction. However, they always seem to put all my favourite factual programmes on at the same time,  9 pm , but on different channels!

Good job there are repeats then!

I'm looking forward to watching this on catch up.

2 hours ago, jane2008 said:

I'm looking forward to watching this on catch up.

The second and concluding episode tonight was very good.

good job we can record all these programes ,we save them for sat eve as theres nothing much on,what happened to a few beers in the local,tvs become adictive.

I remember when the advert for the fake 'Shannon Matthews Memorial Plate' came out. It made me chuckle

Shannon memorial plate. For those of you who remember Shannon Matthews. .

It's right nice that :hihi:

2 hours ago, Mister M said:

I remember when the advert for the fake 'Shannon Matthews Memorial Plate' came out. It made me chuckle

I wonder if anyone sent up for it ?

On 12/02/2021 at 11:59, Mister M said:

Oh my word im going to hell for laughing so hard at that.😆

I remember the story well though. All i could remember thinking was what a terrible life that poor girl must have had. Oddly her mums stupid plan is probably the only 'good' thing she ever did because as a result Shannon was given the chance of a new life with a new family. I really hope she is ok and doing well bless her little soul.

22 hours ago, JayOfRoth said:

Oh my word im going to hell for laughing so hard at that.😆

I remember the story well though. All i could remember thinking was what a terrible life that poor girl must have had. Oddly her mums stupid plan is probably the only 'good' thing she ever did because as a result Shannon was given the chance of a new life with a new family. I really hope she is ok and doing well bless her little soul.

I wish they would interview Shannon now she is an adult. I would love to hear her story.

It was boring, it could easily have been written into an hour long programme.

On 28/02/2021 at 21:31, pattricia said:

I wish they would interview Shannon now she is an adult. I would love to hear her story.

Yeah that would be really interesting. I'd love to know how she is and how her life is going. 

I remember a story in the papers a few years ago about Karen Matthews. Apparently her 'friend' in prison (who was secretly keeping a diary of their conversations, so that said friend could sell it to a newspaper) asked Karen "so what do you miss most about life on the outside?" Karen replied "sex".

Of course the newspapers had a field day with this. 

There was little point in Karen saying that she missed her kids, as everyone would've accused her of being a liar.