Grimesthorpe Part 3

Hi Saintsall,

Yeah those pics are Great, I think the houses that you are pointing out to me in you're pics are entitled "Smithies field looking down towards Petre st from Grimesthorpe Rd" ?

Well the houses I was trying to pinpoint were further along to the left of that Pic ! The other side of the Pigeon Lofts that were there up to the mid 80's !

I'm sure there was a small driveway that went round the front of them !

Butlers lived on there I think... Taffinders were further along

Butlers lived in the first house on the left going up Cyclops St, there were more relatives on Botham St right-hand side next to the bottom yard before Petre St.

Butlers lived in the first house on the left going up Cyclops St, there were more relatives on Botham St right-hand side next to the bottom yard before Petre St.

Did they move further up grimesthorpe rd in the 70s last time I saw Francis he lived at chapel town and still had pigeons

Hi bantycock - I couldn't tell you who moved where as I had moved myself by the mid 50's, I think there was John Jnr, Shirley and Francis and possibly two younger ones, I'm sure that age, marriage and the demolition of the neighbourhood scattered people every which way.

Thanks also to Jean J for your good wishes on this festive season, same to you and everybody else that contributes to the Grimesthorpe and other threads.

Merry Christmas to all Grimethorpians near and far

and a Peacefull New Year 2016

--------

Hi Jean J, Very best of wishes to you and all looking in,

thanks for all your communications this year. Brian :partyhat::wave:

---------- Post added 24-12-2015 at 13:58 ----------

Hi bantycock - I couldn't tell you who moved where as I had moved myself by the mid 50's, I think there was John Jnr, Shirley and Francis and possibly two younger ones, I'm sure that age, marriage and the demolition of the neighbourhood scattered people every which way.

Thanks also to Jean J for your good wishes on this festive season, same to you and everybody else that contributes to the Grimesthorpe and other threads.

-----------------

Hi Fleetwood, I think Shirley still lives on Lyon's St on left going up

towards Canada St.

Best wishes and good health, happy new year in 2016. Brian.:bigsmile::partyhat:

I'm in regular contact with Roy Butler who lives at Unston near Dronfield. His older brother John, is well and in South Africa. Shirley and Francis both passed away some time ago.

i wish all you Grimesthorpe people a Happy Christmas.

Ralph.

--------

Hi Jean J, Very best of wishes to you and all looking in,

thanks for all your communications this year. Brian :partyhat::wave:

---------- Post added 24-12-2015 at 13:58 ----------

-----------------

Hi Fleetwood, I think Shirley still lives on Lyon's St on left going up

towards Canada St.

Best wishes and good health, happy new year in 2016. Brian.:bigsmile::partyhat:

Yes Brian, there are still four of the 'older' house still on the left side of Lyons Street going up. The street at the top is however , Ellesmere Road and what's left of Canada Street is parallel to Lyons Street.

I have to tell you about Christine Watkinson who passed away , aged 67 , on 16th December. She was at Owler Lane Sec Mod until 1963. Funeral is to be held at Grenoside Crematorium , on 30th Dec at 3-15pm. R.I.P.

Edited by DOMMI

I have to tell you about Christine Watkinson who passed away , aged 67 , on 16th December. She was at Owler Lane Sec Mod until 1963. Funeral is to be held at Grenoside Crematorium , on 30th Dec at 3-15pm. R.I.P.

God bless ...

I'm in regular contact with Roy Butler who lives at Unston near Dronfield. His older brother John, is well and in South Africa. Shirley and Francis both passed away some time ago.

i wish all you Grimesthorpe people a Happy Christmas.

Ralph.

Hi cat631 - I knew Francis had passed away many ago but didn't know about Shirley, she was a smashing lass when we were younger. You mention Roy, I believe he came to one of the reunions at the Ball Inn a couple of years ago in fact there is a photo of him on one of the earlier postings.

Hello everyone I'm neil elwood from grimesthorpe anyone remember me and my brother eian from grimesthorpe wmc my dad was club steward there for a few year I'm on my brother in law's account at the moment but will hope to set my own page up in a bit.