Grimesthorpe Part 3

In 1911 there is a William Allen age 19 table blade grinder living with Mrs Emma Spink widow & scissor dresser  at 20 Sylvester St. Maybe he had been apprenticed to her dead husband ? Might that be him ?

There was two Allen family’s lived on Cyclops Street one at 46 and one at 32 not related to one another going back to Owler lane didn’t Mr Wilson have class in the hall with scenes in front of the class 

6 hours ago, johnpm said:

In 1911 there is a William Allen age 19 table blade grinder living with Mrs Emma Spink widow & scissor dresser  at 20 Sylvester St. Maybe he had been apprenticed to her dead husband ? Might that be him ?

Thanks ,moves like like that happened a lot in those days, I will certainly check to see where it leads.

Nice try but unfortunately he is actually age 49. Thanks again. There is also a William Allan in Tiverton boarding with another Sally Ann man but doesn'tseem to help.

Edited by beezerboy
Additional info

There was a William Allen at 17Norman Street Attercliff farther John Arthur Mother Fanny née Haugh 

1 hour ago, Bowls said:

There was a William Allen at 17Norman Street Attercliff farther John Arthur Mother Fanny née Haugh 

Not him , the father is George, Allan, mother Emma (nee Hall), from Alms Houses they move to Newall Rd then Sanderson St. William was the youngest of a large family , the next younger one was Ernest who married  a May Holmes (also from Cyclops St I think)and ended up in Aston.

What number Cyclops Street did May Holmes live and what time the houses on the left side walking up the street were bigger than on the right hand side it made you wonder how families with big families lived there 

2 hours ago, Bowls said:

What number Cyclops Street did May Holmes live and what time the houses on the left side walking up the street were bigger than on the right hand side it made you wonder how families with big families lived there 

Sorry I don't know but would have been  about 1920

There was a family called Allen lived at the side of Upwell street  I don't know the parents names but they had a daughter called Grace 

The Allen family that lived on Norman Street was at the top of Newhall Road were the number 5bus turned around to go back to Southey Green 

I

1 hour ago, Bowls said:

The Allen family that lived on Norman Street was at the top of Newhall Road were the number 5bus turned around to go back to Southey Green 

I've gone as far as I can to get closer to this person but unable to make any  progress , so I will move onto something else . Next is to put together  a list of the pubs in the family, some you will know.   Thanks for trying it, is appreciated  

Regards Beezerboy

Edited by beezerboy
Punctuation

45 minutes ago, beezerboy said:

I

I've gone as far as I can to get closer to this person but unable to make any  progress , so I will move onto something else . Next is to put together  a list of the pubs in the family, some you will know.   Thanks for trying it, is appreciated  

Regards Beezerboy

Looking forward to this 🤞

the Allen family on Norman st was a big one