Grimesthorpe Part 3

56 minutes ago, beezerboy said:

That's right, from the camera at top of Moss Street to Botham St where the clock was on the left Is LUDLOW STREET

That's that then Ludlow St did exist just can't recall it 🤔

18 minutes ago, gaz 786 said:

That's that then Ludlow St did exist just can't recall it 🤔

I've been in Canada for 40 years and I can remember it . I used that bus stop for years as I married a girl just down Hunsley St.

Got to admit the map helps a lot. 

57 minutes ago, beezerboy said:

I've been in Canada for 40 years and I can remember it . I used that bus stop for years as I married a girl just down Hunsley St.

Got to admit the map helps a lot. 

Was it near targets corner shop? Did you know the cornthwaites off Hunsley St? 

22 minutes ago, gaz 786 said:

22 minutes ago, gaz 786 said:

I only knew my wife's family and couple of  her friends. She doesn't know them either, this was all back in the '60's.

22 minutes ago, beezerboy said:

I only knew my wife's family and couple of  her friends. She doesn't know them either, this was all back in the '60's.

Many years ago am afraid bet she remember the the dairy old fields top of Moss st 😊

I lived there for 20odd. years I remember the buses  reversing up Huntley St so when did they change the name to. Peter St I know someone that lived on the corner of Botham st and Peter St 

I know the guy that married the girl from the shop on corner of Botham street Peter Street his name was Vic Frettwell 

Skippy and Dors hope your both OK out there in Sydney oz

Hi all I lived in yard at the back of bus stop from the forties to 196o the shop on the corner of Botham  st & Peter st was a greengrocers  and was a Beer off, it was owned by Hemmingways  they had 3 kids boys John, Rodney and a girl Patriciia.  I can't say I ever of Ludlow St .

2 hours ago, Jean J said:

Just googled Ludlow St grimesthorpe and saw  Burngreave messenger advert 20 plots of land adjacent to Botham St Ruthin St and Ludlow St but still cannot recall it! 

Any one remember hillside as know to as locals .ran from bottom wincobank lane to come out upwell street also cottages ran up beside cottams yard remember seaman's living in one there's pictures. ON old Sheffield site

1 hour ago, Bhomer said:

Any one remember hillside as know to as locals .ran from bottom wincobank lane to come out upwell street also cottages ran up beside cottams yard remember seaman's living in one there's pictures. ON old Sheffield site

Now then that rings A bell 🤔

2 minutes ago, gaz 786 said:

Now then that rings A bell 🤔

Monkerton road and tenterson St had to Google it lol 😉