Grimesthorpe Part 3

Yes i remember them well , Mrs Austin once gave me a fishing reel that belonged to her husband and i still have it more than 50 yrs later. She lived over the top wall of our yard and was always looking out for someone to go to the shop for her .😀

Didn’t she live next to the Allens if you lived on the even numbers you never walk up the odd side of cyclops st  

Yes Bowls , she lived over the wall next to the Allens , and as i said in my message i lived at 27, bottom of the yard. Have you tried looking for their lad on Facebook as i have no recollection of him. I remember Reg Annie Norma and Lynne , before Cyclops St i lived on Botham St. Whereabouts in Grimesthorpe are you from. Didnt the Allens have a caravan ?. PS i lived on the left side as you walked up Cyclops St.

Jim.

Edited by jad279
more info

Hi jimmy I lived around cyclops st i played football with their son and bob hinchcliff 

I can remember playing football on Graves car park on Peter St .Long drop if the ball went over the back.

Hope you manage to contact your pal.

Jim.

Hi Jim yes the Allens did have a caravan at Skegness I think Norma may still have it I’ve not seen or heard from her in years and year’s bye B

On 04/02/2020 at 17:06, jad279 said:

Yes Bowls , she lived over the wall next to the Allens , and as i said in my message i lived at 27, bottom of the yard. Have you tried looking for their lad on Facebook as i have no recollection of him. I remember Reg Annie Norma and Lynne , before Cyclops St i lived on Botham St. Whereabouts in Grimesthorpe are you from. Didnt the Allens have a caravan ?. PS i lived on the left side as you walked up Cyclops St.

Jim.

Hi jad,the Allen's brother is called Darrell,he's on here.

Edited by scrotebag2000

On 05/02/2020 at 09:39, jad279 said:

I can remember playing football on Graves car park on Peter St .Long drop if the ball went over the back.

Hope you manage to contact your pal.

Jim.

I remember  playing on Graves car park,great times.

On 23/01/2020 at 18:19, Bowls said:

Does Anyone know anything about Norma Allen’s brother 

His name is Darrell.

On 02/02/2020 at 18:09, Bowls said:

Hi Jimmy I know them from number 32 but I still don’t know who had a scooter I don’t think lynne and Norma had one could it have been the lad that lived next door to them they had two girls as well I think didn’t lynne marry roger Spick 

We lived at 34,next door to the Allen's.

Think there must have been Allens at33 and 34 at some time or they moved across the road, its a puzzle.

Jim.

2 hours ago, jad279 said:

Think there must have been Allens at33 and 34 at some time or they moved across the road, its a puzzle.

Jim.

We lived at 34,we are the wards.

Scrotebag2000 were did tha get that name from I know him as Ivan