Grimesthorpe Part 3

58 minutes ago, beezerboy said:

The Grimesthorpe that never was.  Hope this works.

www.picturesheffield y09960 

https://www.picturesheffield.com/frontend.php?action=printdetails&keywords=Ref_No_increment;EQUALS;y09960&prevUrl=

Edited by Jim Hardie

Hello everyone could anyone tell me what bombed building was on the right hand side of botham street north and the old lady who lived at number on 18 cyclops street there’s no cyclops street on the map 

I was looking for the old lady’s name thank you 

On 17/01/2022 at 15:59, Jim Hardie said:

Thanks for lighting up the map, it shows what might have been.  Did you see what I think are the prices of the proposed 

houses in 1866 and who had bought some of the lots (John Brown). The pink piece below Petre St became a quarry.

Cockshutt Lane now Grimesthorpe Rd, Cyclops St to originally be named Clifton Rd.

Ps, how did you convert to http://??

Edited by beezerboy

8 hours ago, beezerboy said:

Thanks for lighting up the map, it shows what might have been.  Did you see what I think are the prices of the proposed 

houses in 1866 and who had bought some of the lots (John Brown). The pink piece below Petre St became a quarry.

Cockshutt Lane now Grimesthorpe Rd, Cyclops St to originally be named Clifton Rd.

Ps, how did you convert to http://??

Hello beezerboy,

I took the prices as being for the plots of land rather than the houses.

I opened the page on Picture Sheffield and copied and pasted.

You could be right, if we knew how much a pint of beer cost in 1866 we might have a better idea.

On 26/11/2021 at 14:00, Bowls said:

That’s not the Wards I mean the ones  im talking about lived at number 34 Cyclops St 

Hi Bowls,I'm Raymond,yes we lived 34 cyclops st

On 03/12/2021 at 17:23, Bowls said:

David 71 the last reunion I went to I was was speaking to George Broadhead as he was in my all my classes at Owler Lane secondary school till 1962 and one or two more I  can not remember sorry Raymond Ward was living down Deep Lane at the bottom of Bellhouse Lane the last time I spoke to him 

Sorry yes I’m doing ok hope your the same 

Hi Bowls,I'm not living on deep Lane no more.

On 27/11/2021 at 12:55, Bowls said:

Does anyone now what happened to Roger and Kevin Ward they were roofers I think there were about 10kids I now mick as passed away 

Roger has his own cladding business,kev has gone back self-employed,both live in Ecclesfield,both doing fine ty.

On 01/12/2021 at 16:34, Bowls said:

Billy boy there was Raymond Eileen Maureen David Roger Kevin I think there were others but can’t think of them 

Mick,linda,Raymond,Eileen,Roger,Kevin,Maureen,Mark,Paul.

Hiya Sam we’re are living now did you know the lady that lived next door to your ant Anne at 20 Cyclops Street hope your well

47 minutes ago, Bowls said:

Hiya Sam we’re are living now did you know the lady that lived next door to your ant Anne at 20 Cyclops Street hope your well

Hiya Bowls,I'm on wheldrake road,nr northern general hospital,I'm well ty,no sorry I can't think of her name.

On 19/01/2022 at 09:03, Jim Hardie said:

Hello beezerboy,

I took the prices as being for the plots of land rather than the houses.

I opened the page on Picture Sheffield and copied and pasted.

Have you noticed how many times the name 'Hodson' appears on the map.  I wonder if the pub was named after him?

Hi ya Gaz,  same old, nothing to talk about.